300 PRC ADG Brass Issues? Whidden response?

lhp63190

Guys -- I'm on my 3rd-4th firing of my 300 PRC ADG brass. I started getting really sticky bolt lift on my last range session. Been using a whidden FL bushing sizing die. I called Whidden this morning as I didn't feel like the dies were properly resizing the cases.

In short, Whidden told me the issue isn't their dies but a known issue with 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC brass from ADG. They suggested the problem would be resolved by switching to Lapua (as if thats an easy fix these days).

Curious if anyone here has any thoughts on this? I haven't had any issues out of ADG on my 28 nosler and their reputation has always been good.

LHP

Thanks for posting that link. Interesting read but didn't see a great solution other than taking the gun back to my smith....and I'm short on time.

Curious if people are having the same issues with Lapua brass?

I'm using hornady in both calibers. With the 300 PRC I'm getting loose primer pockets at 5 firings and ditching them. Haven't been able to get any lapua.

Probably the dies. I've had no issues with ADG 6.5 or 300 PRC brass using Hornady and Redding dies

Seriously doubt it's the brass. ADG is tough brass. Lapua is tough brass. When the case expands at the .200 line, and doesn't get sized at all then you'll get clickers. It will happen with Lapua.

You will be fine for your hunt but will have the "clicker" issue and can deal with it later.

I may be way off but I'm almost starting to think that ADG brass is playing a role in the "clicker" problem. I *think* it's almost too good (as in thick) and dies that will slightly size Hornady or possible Lapua (don't think it's been out long enough for anyone to know yet) aren't doing anything to ADG (basically has more springback I think would be the right word)

It would be interesting if a few people would get the same amount of firings on Hornady and ADG ( and maybe lapua also) and size them all with the same set of dies and measure and see what the sizing differences are.