Noob from Louisiana

Crawfish is the only thing keeping me herešŸ¤£
Love them mud bugs!
I grew up in the Lafayette area and moved here in Montana in1998.Miss crayfish,blue point crabs, fresh shrimp and Boudin and cracklins.
Spent the night in a broken down boat a friend used to get us down to salt water and saw things I don't often talk about.
My family is in Ville Platte.
Small world ain't it.
Oh by the way,welcome to the best hunting forum on the web

Welcome from God's country, Wyoming sir! This is a great place to learn. Do you reload for your rifle?

We have a couple 98 Mausers, one has the original German "stepped" barrel still on it, was chambered in 8x57, then we took an American cartridge and shoved it up it's rear end to make a Merican' 8mm-06 ha ha, fantastic elk thumper. The other one was rebarreled from 8x57 to 6.5x55, good deer and pronghorn rifle.

I always just use traps with chicken in them.....never had an issue?

Do you go through with the BS of disclosing to the G&F where your traps are placed? Don't answerā€¦.I'm not certain what the time limits are on "self incrimination" or Statute of Limitations is on catching crawfish without prior notification to the G&F šŸ˜‚!

I'm surprised that there's not a "creel" and "slot" limitā€¦yet! šŸ¤¬memtb

Last edited:
I miss crayfish boils.I am not a drinker but beer goes with heavily seasoned crayfish so at least a couple of ice cold one's are on the menu.
Its a day long day of visiting and eating as potatoes,corn are ALWAYS put in the boiling water so not just crayfish.
It's a little after 10:00 in the morning and I'm hungry for boiled crayfish.

Last edited:
Welcome from God's country, Wyoming sir! This is a great place to learn. Do you reload for your rifle?

We have a couple 98 Mausers, one has the original German "stepped" barrel still on it, was chambered in 8x57, then we took an American cartridge and shoved it up it's rear end to make a Merican' 8mm-06 ha ha, fantastic elk thumper. The other one was rebarreled from 8x57 to 6.5x55, good deer and pronghorn rifle.
I don't but after the shortage I now want to get into it and stock up on all the supplies for it! Especially in the crazy world we live in these days.

Same here on the barrel, the stock was different when my dad got it though, more of your traditional hunting rifle stock. Slapped a new barrel on and had it tapped and modified to where a modern scope would go on about 15 years ago. Same wood stock from the 70s though just took it off and spray painted it textured gray and it looks/feels like a brand new polymer stock. I keep telling myself I'm going to get a nice finished English walnut stock for itšŸ¤”
Really well built gun though I can't make myself buy anything different. Plus I feel like 7mm08 is a good all around cartridge, it'll kill just about everything in North America besides maybe a moose but we don't have many of those down da bayoušŸ¤£