NonSportsman Dominate Montana FWP Wolf Meeting

People who love wolves don't know wolves. Yes, the puppies are cute and hearing the lonely howls at night can make an eventful camping trip but those people have never seen, and would probably refuse to watch, wolves making a kill. Just ask those wolf huggers sometime how wolves kill an animal and see if they have any understanding. Wolves eat an animal to death. They take it down, tear at the soft underbelly, pull the organs out and begin feeding while the animal is still alive. They don't need an animal to die in a hurry. It's not like a cougar or a bear taking down a full sized animal, they want an animal dead before they begin feeding, but not a wolf. And wolves kill for sport. I have found full grown moose that were chased for miles and when they were finally pulled down and ripped apart, hardly a mouthful of red meat was eaten before the wolves moved on. Wolves are a part of wilderness and should be there but like every other animal their population needs to be controlled. There is nothing special about them.

I don't mean to sound crass... but do any of you think anything any of us have to say will make a singular difference? I have watched these efforts for the last 20 years, and early on I was loud and active wherever I could be. I've noticed that it has never made a singular difference anywhere.

The people in charge want to do something. They are going to do it. They make double sure there there are no legal ways to stop them. So... they do it, and they use our own money to boot.

The agencies responsible for management of hunting, are infested with people that actively work to destroy hunting. Not one singular game department anywhere that I can think of has properly managed the resource they've been tasked with managing. Their decisions are made by money, and nothing else, and there is no accountability to the people. They are not elected by us, and even elections are now contaminated to the point where it's ceasing to matter even if they were.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I no longer have any faith left in man... not that I had much to begin with. Only people that demonstrate they can think, get the time of day from me. These people pushing the reintroduction of species that we systematically eliminated due to their unbelievably destructive nature... can't think. It's obvious they can't think, or are just pure evil. It's one or the other or both.

People that participate in these "surveys" get targeted by these people and have their lives ruined. I've seen it.

So my question is, do you really think you can influence or negotiate with them?

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

So my question is, do you really think you can influence or negotiate with them?

Taking the time to comment may not greatly influence decisions, but I don't see how it can hurt. I know when an outside developer wanted to develop a rich man's resort on Holland lake near me, the local comments and objections managed to get the developer to withdraw from the project.

I don't see how not commenting and letting non-hunters be the only voice heard will help. MT currently has made it fairly easy to hunt/ trap wolves in an effort to keep their numbers in check. Hopefully there won't be any effort to expand wolf populations.

I moved to MT from WA because Washington state government had turned against so much of what I believed in. One small part of that was Gov. Inslee appointing a majority anti-hunting crowd on their state game commission. You are correct, the commission did what they wanted regardless of input from the hunters or their own biologists.

So far my take on MT and the folks currently running the state government is much more positive. Elections matter and I plan on voting and supporting state candidates accordingly.

I don't mean to sound crass... but do any of you think anything any of us have to say will make a singular difference? I have watched these efforts for the last 20 years, and early on I was loud and active wherever I could be. I've noticed that it has never made a singular difference anywhere.

The people in charge want to do something. They are going to do it. They make double sure there there are no legal ways to stop them. So... they do it, and they use our own money to boot.

The agencies responsible for management of hunting, are infested with people that actively work to destroy hunting. Not one singular game department anywhere that I can think of has properly managed the resource they've been tasked with managing. Their decisions are made by money, and nothing else, and there is no accountability to the people. They are not elected by us, and even elections are now contaminated to the point where it's ceasing to matter even if they were.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I no longer have any faith left in man... not that I had much to begin with. Only people that demonstrate they can think, get the time of day from me. These people pushing the reintroduction of species that we systematically eliminated due to their unbelievably destructive nature... can't think. It's obvious they can't think, or are just pure evil. It's one or the other or both.

People that participate in these "surveys" get targeted by these people and have their lives ruined. I've seen it.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Dang I hope you are wrong. Otherwise we will all set on our hands and do nothing while one of our greatest privileges disappears.

Dang I hope you are wrong. Otherwise we will all set on our hands and do nothing while one of our greatest privileges disappears.
To be clear, I am really hoping someone shows up and says "hey, you're wrong... and here's why..." and lays it all out.

I'm also not suggesting that doing nothing is the correct response.

I'm simply saying that over my entire adult life, I've never seen any of these things come down on the side of the righteous. It ALWAYS ends the way we don't want it to end. Maybe I'm the only one noticing this... but that's what has happened, and it doesn't matter how much we talk, compromise, or vote.

What are we suppose to do? Vote harder?

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Taking the time to comment may not greatly influence decisions, but I don't see how it can hurt. I know when an outside developer wanted to develop a rich man's resort on Holland lake near me, the local comments and objections managed to get the developer to withdraw from the project.

I don't see how not commenting and letting non-hunters be the only voice heard will help. MT currently has made it fairly easy to hunt/ trap wolves in an effort to keep their numbers in check. Hopefully there won't be any effort to expand wolf populations.

I moved to MT from WA because Washington state government had turned against so much of what I believed in. One small part of that was Gov. Inslee appointing a majority anti-hunting crowd on their state game commission. You are correct, the commission did what they wanted regardless of input from the hunters or their own biologists.

So far my take on MT and the folks currently running the state government is much more positive. Elections matter and I plan on voting and supporting state candidates accordingly.
The passage of HB 635 has solidified who I will support and vote for. I understand the concern over wild wolf populations but I happen to think the real wolves wear suits.

To be clear, I am really hoping someone shows up and says "hey, you're wrong... and here's why..." and lays it all out.

I'm also not suggesting that doing nothing is the correct response.

I'm simply saying that over my entire adult life, I've never seen any of these things come down on the side of the righteous. It ALWAYS ends the way we don't want it to end. Maybe I'm the only one noticing this... but that's what has happened, and it doesn't matter how much we talk, compromise, or vote.

What are we suppose to do? Vote harder?

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Sorry brother. I didn't mean anything bad towards you. I totally understand where you are coming from.

I took your survey ( and had to say I'm from Michigan) could have picked any state but figured if I required an address @Muddyboots would probably let me use his.... Right @Muddyboots ! Come on now....sure you would!🤔. But fellas 40 people at the meeting total...and the majority NON-SPORTSMEN....40 people... hopefully 38 were cattlemen and stood up for the Hunters that weren't interested in attending! Wolves are REAL PROBLEM in Alberta...so I hope one more voice will help out.

It is disappointing that the throngs of new people like yourself are going to upset the apple cart. Voters here were historically pragmatic and we had some great politicians with both letters after their name because we used to put character of the person above the party. The new people just aren't going to get it.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

So if we sit by and do nothing than we are assured of nothing, but if we do something than at least there is some hope. I choose to do something rather than lay down and accept defeat. That is the problem with the complacent majority.

It is disappointing that the throngs of new people like yourself are going to upset the apple cart. Voters here were historically pragmatic and we had some great politicians with both letters after their name because we used to put character of the person above the party. The new people just aren't going to get it.

I will say this, if the person running for office in today's world has any character of quality……he/she would be very selective about which letter follows his/her name! JusSay'n! memtb

Recent Posts