Montana Wolf hunters!

So what? The huggers are well funded and well organized. You want the chance to hunt them, or have the antis lobby to shut down the hunts outside of Yellowstone? Growing a set has nothing to do with it. 406muley

Oh yes it does, look what wyoming and Idaho has compared to us, because we stand on the sidelines and wait to see what happens.
I've heard this right out of the Region 1 directors mouth.
So instead of siding with wyoming and Idaho we sit and watch.
How did Wyoming get what they have trying to do something, they fought for it not cave to the liberal huggers.

Wyoming sat on the sidelines. So what if you can kill wolves on sight. There aren't many wolves in the "predator zone" anyway. Montana and Idaho were the first to delist. We can kill 5 wolves a year here in Montana. Most guys have never even seen one. What more do you want? How many have you taken? 406muley

Sherm, the real thing we need to be concerned about is I-177. Sooner or later that is going to pass. Then what? The most useful tool we have in killing wolves is gone. 406muley

I don't know that I-177 will ever really get passed as it was written. I could see a severely watered down version to restrict trapping in heavily used areas, but even the MTA has advocated for that.
The biggest argument for I-177 was the fear of "collateral catches" and their is an awful lot of public land where that is really not likely.
Hell, even the Missoulian encouraged people to vote no!

I agree with Sherm- our FWP, the Commisioners, and our Legislature need to grow a set and quit giving in to the wolf huggers. They did it when they restricted the kill to just 2 wolves in 313 and 316 and they did it when they didn't allow snares, and now they are doing it again with reducing the quotas in those same areas.
More and more, it seems like our FWP is unconcerned with doing what is right- they'd rather follow politics.
Personally, I think we need to get rid of the Commission. Why on Earth are 4 politically appointed people who have absolutely ZERO training in Wildlife Management directing our FWP?
THAT RIGHT THERE is where the Politics starts in Montana wildlife management!

Why is there so much complaining and concern over wolf management, and not a peep from any Montanan's here about how our elk herds are managed per the EMP? The EMP has done way more damage to elk herds across the state than anything else. 406muley

So what, let the tourist outrage go up.
Our F@G, comissioners, politicians need to grow a set
Man, I agree with you. Face it though, in this day and age, whether anyone grows a set, and relaxes any regulations, there is a circuit court in CA that will file an injunction stopping it. Maybe my thought process is too simple, but until that is stopped, any F&G employee who wants a job is just a pawn in the grand scheme.
I bet if you could get some higher ups in F&G whisky'd up, you would get an earful.

As far as I'm concerned the commissioners need to be a voted position not appointed.
Furthermore the whole management for deer especially MD and elk needs to be gutted and start over.
Theres many factors for our Elk and MD numbers being so low, all the predators have had an big impact but there not the only reason.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.