Montana Wolf hunters!

Just about anywhere on public land, and if you have any ranchers nearby ask them there gonna be calving soon so the wolf will be hanging around along with coyotes.
Open up the regs will explain everything you need to know

My buddy shot one today.They are everywhere,look at the F&G wolf summary map n rockies 320 packs

They have 320 packs marked out on the F&G map,in year end report wolf summary

Im farther North,worked around there one fall.There is a good muley deer tag there,lot hang on private but some good ones 180-90 type.Talk to some locals we all want to get wolfs

Stevensville!
Pick a spot. We have them on both sides of the Valley. I hunt elk in the same place I hunt wolves, (weird huh?) so won't go into detail. Private is tough unless you are a lifer like me. Like I said, pick a spot and go. That mule deer tag sp6x6 mentioned is a joke. I call them swingset bucks. If you like hunting subdivisions, it's great. mtmuley

Ya I tried scouting for friend cuz I was working there,ten years ago?And the public past hamilton saw a few deer but not alot for special draw.Then local guys at work would show pictures of some killed and one was pushing 200 gross

There's been several in the 200 inch and over range killed around here. And dozens of 180-190 plus deer. Like I said, it ain't much of a hunt. They aren't wary of humans at all. It cracks me up when I see guys "scouting" bucks in peoples yards. If I dressed up like one of the seasonal Mexican pipe changers, I could probably kill one with a club. FWP finally split the unit I live in. The lower valley is a different unit from the higher country. Big deer up there too. mtmuley

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.