Montana Wolf hunters!

Thank you for the read mtmuley. To the people worldwide when you don't have any skin in the game keep your opinions to yourself. You come out and get your warm and fuzzy feeling and you go home. Thanks to some members posts I have come to to the truth that we got them and that's the way it's going to be. But I also feel that if you get your buffer zone you will come back and want more and more again. Sorry for the rant just my opinion. Guess I will get a bottle and go to bed. Now what to put in the bottle

I guess we should just make the park bigger? Like all of MT.

Did you catch this statement that he made?

"The opportunity to witness wolves in our national parks provides an economic boon to local economies and profound personal experiences to people from all over the world."

He neglected to mention the economic impact the wolves, and their slaughter of the Elk population, had to Gardner MT and all the hotels and other entities that benifited from the elk hunters coming to that area.

He also said that he grew up a hunter. They all say that but I don't buy it.

He talks about "millions" of folks who's lives are "enriched by watching them, hearing them, or simply knowing they're there". Funny he does not mention the individuals that have their livelihood devastated by wolves.

I wonder what the "Natural Resources Defense Council" is?

I wonder what the "Natural Resources Defense Council" is?
https://www.nrdc.org/northern-rockies

My guess is he is a recently college graduate who could not find legitimate work as an attorney, so why not be a professional activist? Seems like a common career path these days....

And yeah, JBS, I agree wholeheartedly- he most definitely did not "grow up a hunter" but it sounds more convincing to those too stupid to see through the lies.

The notion that the NRDC is an all encompassing friend for all is a total film flam lie!

I watched their representative in Oregon back in the '80's and 90's and it was absolute bitterness towards industries such as hunting and ranching.

My wife and I visited the Park end of '14 regular season (my first) and I tell you, I did not leave anything there! We saw elk living on the door steps of the buildings of Mamouth and that was all she wrote! One solitary coyote trotting down a paved road oblivious to people, an elk peeking out from a tree line at near dark along the edge of a meadow somewhere else. Buffalo, plenty of them, but so so on their calves.

Overall a big disappointment!

Hunting wolves should be extended through out the park if you ask me because they have DESTROYED the viewing of all animals within the park. We did not see any wolves in the wild, not that it would been a positive to me.

In driving over from our home here in Washington State we saw a stark pattern across Idaho. You knew when a town or small human presence was coming up ..... because you would see a deer standing near the road. Years ago I drove across Idaho (prior to so called wolf introduction) and the number of game struck by traffic was high. The trip in '14? Zilch! Not one animal ........NOT ONE!

Hunters spend serious money in a region they frequent, ranching is also a huge boost to a local community but enviros? ..... NADA! Wolf watchers? What a sick joke!

Three44s

Thanks for more good reading, Muley. I find it interesting the wrestling match between the elk numbers and the wolf numbers.
The one thing that keeps popping up in this feeble mind of mine is that any statistic can be twisted, and I wonder where the actual truth is in all the numbers.

On a flight to Phoenix last night, my wife and I sat next to a gentleman who grew up in Gardiner in the 60's-70's and still hunts the backcountry there.
His story was like so many that I've heard from those living there- way too many wolves and elk numbers are still decimated in 313.
He also said that he was told FWP is going to drop the wolf quota there to 1. In my opinion, FWP has caved in to the wolf huggers to make 313 and 316 both buffer zones.
I think we need to remind FWP who pays their wages!

For me, getting all the knowledge I can is important. I'm constantly looking and reading anything new I can find on the situation. Wish more people would do the same. Meant to give you a shout. I was out of town when you were in. I still have your number. mtmuley

Stevensville!

Lots of Wolves in the Bitterroot, even if you don't seen them they are there. Some areas you can just walk the closed FS and logging roads and there are tracks everywhere.

Heck, we have tracks regularly up Pattee canyon here in Missoula City Limits and a pack on the Blue Mountain Rec area (An in-town public land rec area).

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.