Wolf taken near Polebridge Montana.

A black one like this ? Near Cody .
Darn I have been with live wolves from all parts of North America and never had the opportunity to have a 170 + lb wolf on me. I have had a female at 150lbs stand up and put her paws on my shoulders and lick my face. They have real long legs. I would say he is over 180 and what an excellent WOLF for the size, color and length of hair and good hide. I would estimate a full mount would sell for $10,000 to $15,000+ and head rug mount for at least $6,000 to $10,000.
It's not the price of the Taxidermy, it's the price of the scarcity an color, hide of this amazing animal.
If you don't have any buyers and have the full hide will will give you $200.00 now question
Thanks for sharing you wolf. (Jill is so jealous -she likes hunting predictors)
Len & Jill

Darn I have been with live wolves from all parts of North America and never had the opportunity to have a 170 + lb wolf on me. I have had a female at 150lbs stand up and put her paws on my shoulders and lick my face. They have real long legs. I would say he is over 180 and what an excellent WOLF for the size, color and length of hair and good hide. I would estimate a full mount would sell for $10,000 to $15,000+ and head rug mount for at least $6,000 to $10,000.
It's not the price of the Taxidermy, it's the price of the scarcity an color, hide of this amazing animal.
If you don't have any buyers and have the full hide will will give you $200.00 now question
Thanks for sharing you wolf. (Jill is so jealous -she likes hunting predictors)
Len & Jill
I wish I knew more about him. My buddy who sent it died from a blood clot after having his knee replacement done last Nov.. he got it off fakebook and know his son sent to.hom because it was from Cody area. All I can say it or was huge.

I wish I knew more about him. My buddy who sent it died from a blood clot after having his knee replacement done last Nov.. he got it off fakebook and know his son sent to.hom because it was from Cody area. All I can say it or was huge.
OMG I am so sorry to hear that. I have had at least 25 surgeries since I left the USMC Knees , shoulders , neck and always worry if I will wake up from when I got in. Last surgery was 7/18/21. every time they put me to sleep I say a prayer that I can see my wife again and luckily I wake up.
Again so sorry for your friend and loosing him and to his son. Your dad Got a PRIZED Wolf and the both of them are running together now in an everlasting wilderness!
God Bless
Len & Jill

OMG I am so sorry to hear that. I have had at least 25 surgeries since I left the USMC Knees , shoulders , neck and always worry if I will wake up from when I got in. Last surgery was 7/18/21. every time they put me to sleep I say a prayer that I can see my wife again and luckily I wake up.
Again so sorry for your friend and loosing him and to his son. Your dad Got a PRIZED Wolf and the both of them are running together now in an everlasting wilderness!
God Bless
Len & Jill
Thanks you two. He is missed . Good to hear you made it thru all those surgeries. Wow ! I've only had a few and that's too many for me !

My doctor friend has owned 50 acres in the vicinity of Polebridge Montana for going on 20 years, near Glacier, he shot this wolf last year in three feet of snow over a recent elk kill, he used my Thompson Center Venture in 204. I sighted it in for him at 200 yards with Hornady 45 grain soft point. This doctor can shoot , and that's a fact he hit this male about 8 inches north of the left elbow, the wolf was with 2 others, he shot the biggest, upon impact the wolf floundered wildly in the deep snow about 50 yards and keeled over. When he went up to him his eyes were unresponsive to touching, the 45 grain almost exited the other side but lacking doing so about 4 inches. Destroyed both lungs, the doc is calling the shot at about 75 yards no more, no less. I can't wait till I head up there . Just got him back from the taxidermist a year later. The wolves were in the clearing , that clearing houses everything wolves coyotes, grizzly, moose, elk you name it. I'm trying to download the grizzly video, those pictures were late in April this year.
Enjoy your hunt buddy