No Hydrodynamic Shock Below 2600FPS??

Hydrodynamic shock kills, virtue signaling kills a thread. Who knew.
Hey man, could be worse! I knew where this was going as soon as I saw "hydro______ shock" in the title haha. BUT…why has nobody thought to randomly insert "carbon rings" "cold welding" or a definitions of "real hunting bullets" or "real hunting/hunters" into the thread yet? 🤣😁🥴. All things considered we doing pretty good!!!! Things could have got out of hand! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyone wanna discuss the merits or pitfalls of hammer bullets or Sherman cartridges while we're at it?

I am officially locking this thread, no more under 2600fps kills

2600fps.jpg

You launched your keyboard denounciation of multiple members, as if authorized by a higher power. And you've twisted and distorted that into a badge of honor. Always and forever faultless.

Good luck with that approach.

At least you own it.

Now the problem. You tear down the masses in your all-encompassing judgement, in an effort to instill your own theory of righteous Forum behavior, and delivery of your own form of justice. As if empowered by a higher power and calling. A self-annointed prophet...

Your mission is already defeated, by self-destructive methods.

I don't need to put you on ignore. You need to get your Forum delivery under control.
Well, at least he's making lots of friends and gaining hoards of new customers.....

I cannot stand it. I have lung shot Coyotes with a .22Mag RF that had ruptured blood vessels in their abdomen behind the diaphram. I have shot deer with sabots in a ML and done the same thing. I have also done it with big rifles from a long ways off. Further than it should happen. I have always believed at long range it is caused as much from rotational energy that does not bleed off like forward energy. If this is not caused from hydraulic / hydrostatic shock (energy from a non compressible fluid destroying tissue) then I'm in learning mode and at least willing to listen. I also know this effect can be varied form none to massive amounts of bloodshot pudding depending on bullet construction. I think this is where the problem lies, assuming the guy knows what he is talking about, I'm sure there are bullets that won't cause this below 2600FPS. FMJ comes to mind. Many FMJ's are pretty destructive @ impacts above 3000fps though. I'm also sure there are bullets that will cause massive amounts at lower velocities. Nosler ABLR comes to mind. So does a Hornady SST and a Sierra Gameking.

I think the mystery ballistics expert needs to spend more time in the terminal end of the process. If what he claims is true then no pistol bullets - and as far at that goes, very few rifle bullets, ever created hydrodynamic shock damage to human or animal tissue. I'm 70+years old and seen my share of both; I think I'll bulls--t on that one.

Last edited:
I think the mystery ballistics expert needs to spend more time in the terminal end of the process. If what he claims is true then no piston bullets ever created hydrodynamic shock damage to human or animal tissue. I'm 70+years old and seen my share of both; I think I'll bulls--t on that one.
It's not a mystery, we've stated who it is, he's killed literally thousands of feral animals and knows what he's talking about, AND is under no illusions about bullets not being deadly at lower velocity. But there is something about high velocity with spitzer shaped bullets that does affect far greater "remote wounding" and rapid incapacitation without necessitating direct CNS hits. And I assume you mean "pistol" where you say "piston" (no worries, happens to me all the time 😁)…while I question if hydrodynamic shock is even a real thing depending on how it's defined I trust we'd all agree that compared to rifle rounds pistol rounds, well um…THEY STRAIGHT UP STINK! The pistol is for when the rifle or shotgun isn't convenient or handy, but if you're serious about killing something or engaging in a fight to the death knowingly only a fool would choose a handgun as their number one weapon going in. In the photographs and reports from field medics and trauma responders there's no shortage of evidence that a tumbling FMJ out of the lowly 5.56 creates wounding WAAAAY more horrifically violent than any hollow point pistol round. Speed kills.

Big diiference beween field shooting game animals and examining death on a tray. Electroencephalogram (EEG) data has shown decreased brain electrical activity distant from bullet hit. That does not mean electron flow from bullet hit to brain; it means a surge of energy via fluids. Pulpy chest & abdominal cavities show signs of hydrodynamic energy transfer. Cavitation effects increase with bullet velocity. Nathan needs to observe some lab work to complete his expertise.

Big diiference beween field shooting game animals and examining death on a tray. Electroencephalogram (EEG) data has shown decreased brain electrical activity distant from bullet hit. That does not mean electron flow from bullet hit to brain; it means a surge of energy via fluids. Pulpy chest & abdominal cavities show signs of hydrodynamic energy transfer. Cavitation effects increase with bullet velocity. Nathan needs to observe some lab work to complete his expertise.
I concur