No Hydrodynamic Shock Below 2600FPS??

Think of it like this: here is a direct comparison between deer and jackrabbit. Your 300is a .225 win. My RUM is a .220 Swift. My hopped up 8mm mag is a .243 and a .338 edge is a 25- 06. Use a lite thin jacked bullet in each and the destruction is directly comparable. I blew up several whitetail bucks in the quest for the ultimate beanfield cartridge before LRF's and good repeatable turrets were generally available. All we had were mpbr and the holdover we could guess with a duplex. I had a bean field with flags all over it, and practiced a lot. Things have changes so much. 600 used to be one heck of a poke. Midrange now. Better bullets, scopes, rifles, everything.
Oh man you ARE old! 🤣. Haven't heard anyone reference the .225 Winchester…well, ever! Though I've read up on it, im only 30 but have obsessively been soaking up gun knowledge since I was 5. Favourite present as a kid was a BB gun. Hooked for life haha. I agree wholeheartedly, 600 used to be a heck of a stunt!

I would call it a terrible waste, this is what gives shooting a bad name.
Actually very little meat was lost. I generally don't eat guts. It was an accident like I stated earlier. Was shooting down and did not hold low enough. Hit about two inches higher than intended and hit shoulder bone. Ever hit 2" from where you intended? Happens sometimes. The bone exploded and caused the damage. Actually I found out this is a good long range combination. But when you are set up for 1000, and have the power needed with a bullet that will expand properly that far. This can happen at 100 if you aren't real careful. Every long range hunter faces this. You either don't have enough power at long range or too much up close. I've tried most everything. This is a really good combo

Actually very little meat was lost. I generally don't eat guts. It was an accident like I stated earlier. Was shooting down and did not hold low enough. Hit about two inches higher than intended and hit shoulder bone. Ever hit 2" from where you intended? Happens sometimes. The bone exploded and caused the damage. Actually I found out this is a good long range combination. But when you are set up for 1000, and have the power needed with a bullet that will expand properly that far. This can happen at 100 if you aren't real careful. Every long range hunter faces this. You either don't have enough power at long range or too much up close. I've tried most everything. This is a really good combo
Ditto about the deer in my picture…looks like all out carnage but if you've ever gone through the effort of making deer ribs…yeah there ain't much meat to them, nothing to lose sleep about! But I have lost sleep over not recovering an animal.

Oh man you ARE old! 🤣. Haven't heard anyone reference the .225 Winchester…well, ever! Though I've read up on it, im only 30 but have obsessively been soaking up gun knowledge since I was 5. Favourite present as a kid was a BB gun. Hooked for life haha. I agree wholeheartedly, 600 used to be a heck of a stunt!
Ok change it to .224 Weatherby. Same thing, not to be confused with the Weatherby rocket which was an improved swift.

Ok change it to .224 Weatherby. Same thing, not to be confused with the Weatherby rocket which was an improved swift.
No offence intended, I've seen you jokin around about being "outdated" haha. I'm familiar with those as well. Never played
With any of them. My first hand knowledge of .22 centerfires stops after just three cartridges: .223, .22-250, .220 swift. Always thought a hornet or a classy old .222 would be nice.

No offence intended, I've seen you jokin around about being "outdated" haha. I'm familiar with those as well. Never played
With any of them. My first hand knowledge of .22 centerfires stops after just three cartridges: .223, .22-250, .220 swift. Always thought a hornet or a classy old .222 would be nice.
I learned to load loading thousands of .222, baby 30-06. Triple duce, or whatever you want to call it today.

Most violently destructive but fast killing load so far for my rifles has been of the light and fast variety. 120 grain Barnes tac-tx at a chronographed 4060 fps out of a .300
Win mag. That's 4390 foot pounds, may also be a tad over pressure. Peterson brass, 89.5 gr superformance powder (it's dense!), hbn treated bullets and bore make it possible. I work up my loads very slowly and carefully.

Closest thing to an "off" switch I've seen so far.
A 300 Weatherby with a 150gr ballistic tip a ove 3600 will leade a hole that you can stick your head in and not get your ears bloody.

Hahaha…imbecile that I am I've actually started to run the numbers on what would get that done. Using a basic g1 calculator (which surely isn't accurate to distance anyway haha) you'll need to launch a bullet with a .700 g1 bc at 4150 fps to stay above 2600 at 1k at my elevation of 1100 feet at 30 Fahrenheit/ -1 celcius (actual temp right now).

Of course if it were 100 degrees out and you were at 5000 feet (Colorado hunt in the summer maybe?) you only need 3700 fps to get there (it actually makes that much of a difference, temp and elevation, surprises me).

And if you were to go shooting on the coldest day we had here over the winter at -44 f/-42 c, again, at 1100 feet, you would need to launch a .7 g1 bc bullet at a whopping 4540 fps to overcome that icy sludge air and still have 2600 fps at 1000 yards.

Assuming 50% humidity for all values.

I have now wasted my time and yours. You're welcome 😁🤣
I wonder if that new 10x100 BWA or one of the .375 BMG cases, with the proper projectiles, could come close?

This I do know. It is indisputable. If you use a big enough gun, hydrostatic, hydrodynamic, hydraulic shock or whatever you want to call it today just doesn't matter.
Did the same thing with a 150 gr spitzer at 3600 fps out of a 8MM Rem Mag ... on more than one occasion.