No 6.5-PRC Remington 700?

I'm fairly certain the M18 & the Sauer are exactly the same rifle other than branding. We never found out if the Barrel is threaded or a pressed on affair.

Yes they are identical actions and barrels, the only differential is the stock composition. Barrel/action interface is threaded.

I believe the mauser had different style tenon, like a press friction fit. Whereas the sauer is actually threaded.

That would be incorrect.

Its ok. If Remington did chamber it, they would probably have a 9.5 twist lol.

In all seriousness, there are other good options for factory rifles, as stated. However, if you want a remington style, get a new/donor action and build one with a 7 or 7.5 twist, it will be better than a factory Remington anyway.

If you are shooting this case, plan on 1000-1200 rounds of barrel life. So, plan on barrel replacements as part of the cartridge case choice. Best go with a Remington, and order Remage barrels when the barrel is shot out to decrease the costs.

Set yourself up where you can chase the lands as the leade grows, this will maximize your investment in dollars spent.

I Put anything based on a 284 case on a long action for the above reason, and your PRC will have the same application. The leade may grow .070 in 500 rounds, you have to chase the lands to maintain accuracy, plan for success.

I have the Mauser in 6.5 prc and have shot 1" groups at 200 yards with it. I liked it enough that I put a Montana rifle company X3 in 7.5 prc on lay away. I may have won the rifle lottery with my Mauser but it shoots very good for the price

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.