Poll: brake or no brake, 6.5 prc 26", 9lbs

Poll: brake or no brake, 6.5 prc 26", 9lbs

• Yes muzzle brake

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • No muzzle brake

Votes: 36 43.4%

• Total voters
You wouldn't believe the number of brakes I sell to Aussies to go on heavy 223s.......

You can see the bullet leave the barrel & its travel all the way to the target with the sun behind you, Guys love them.

Obviously you "have" to wear hearing protection but you "should" with a bare or suppressed rifle anyway

You wouldn't believe the number of brakes I sell to Aussies to go on heavy 223s.......

You can see the bullet leave the barrel & its travel all the way to the target with the sun behind you, Guys love them.

Obviously you "have" to wear hearing protection but you "should" with a bare or suppressed rifle anyway
My 6.5-300 has the good 'ol kiwi Terminator. Brake is awesome but noise is awful.

Are the people speaking of the sound using a brake wearing hearing protection or are you hunting/shooting without?

With hearing protection I have not noticed an issue shooting braked guns.

Are the people speaking of the sound using a brake wearing hearing protection or are you hunting/shooting without?

With hearing protection I have not noticed an issue shooting braked guns.
I typically don't notice alot of difference with hearing protection if the brakes ports aren't angled back. If they are angled back, I notice more muzzle blast & percussion the shorter the barrel and/or the larger the cartridge is.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.