No 6.5-PRC Remington 700?

Wild Monkey

Probably a silly question to many, but I don't see Remington selling the 6.5-PRC? I'm having to choose between the Savage & M18 for an off the shelf Rifle. I've seen varying accuracy reviews on the M18.

It took Remington 10 years to chamber the most popular round in recent history, the loved and hated 6.5 creedmoor, so I wouldn't hold my breath that they will chamber the PRC anytime soon

Like said above there are many other manufactures clambering the PRC. I have a CA Ridgeline and it is a great rifle

I'm fairly certain the M18 & the Sauer are exactly the same rifle other than branding. We never found out if the Barrel is threaded or a pressed on affair.
I believe the mauser had different style tenon, like a press friction fit. Whereas the sauer is actually threaded.

I'm fairly certain the M18 & the Sauer are exactly the same rifle other than branding. We never found out if the Barrel is threaded or a pressed on affair.
The Mauser M18 I couldn't comment on but I had a German Sauer salesman that was here at a gun show in NZ confirm that the Sauer 100 has a threaded barrel.
If you Google "Guns and Ammo Sauer 100 review" they explain how the barrel to receiver thread is accomplished. Considering Sauer, Mauser and Blaser are all part of the same company it would make.sense that the M18 is made the same.way.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.