Nikon Pro Staff Rimfire BDC Scope

Laelkhunter

Anyone familiar with this scope? Is it actually pretty accurate at compensating for the bullet drop? It seems that due to the different types and brands of bullets (if you can find anything at all), it would not be that accurate, compensatingfor all of the bullets.

Which bullet have you found works best for the different reticle circles?

LH, give Nikon a call on it. They should have the parameters as to what velocities it's set up for. One thing i really like about Nikon is that they have a specs page in their catalogs that tell you what the subtensions are in all of their reticles.

Thanks. I was just hoping someone had one, and liked it. I'm sure that it is typical Nikon quality. With the large variety of bullet weights, speeds, etc. etc. I was having a hard time trying to understand how the circles in the reticle could be accurate with any .22 rimfire ammo, and they had to be designed with a particular velocity in mind.

I'm certain that they are. Probably something like 1200-1300 mv. Of course part of the problem is that there is so much variation in velocity even between lot #'s of the same RF ammo that they often don't match up perfectly. But my 3-9X (now a 3-12X offering) Rapid Reticle ballistic reticle has done pretty well to 200 yds. with Dynapoints-- PFI - Rapid Reticles

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.