Nikon PROSTAFF Rimfire 3-9x40 BDC 150

sportmuaythai

Any one uses the Nikon PROSTAFF Rimfire 3-9x40 BDC 150? If so, at what range do you sight in? What kind of ammo do you use, and do you use the BDC reticle? Sorry for so many questions:D.

50yds, CZ 452 Mil. Trainer. CCI 40gr hp. It's not a bad little scope for the money. The BDC circles don't quite work as advertised, but close.

Thanks TJ for your kind and informative response.
Dear Bart, heap of thanks on "Spot On". I don't have the PROSTAFF Rimfire 3-9x40 BDC 150 yet, but planning to buy a CZ 455, and put the Nikon on it. I figure it would be a cheap introductory to LR shooting.:D

I mounted one of these with an EGW scope rail on my pet remington 597. Light years above your average "22" scope. Clear glass and the bdc works well if you use the spot on software. This combo shoots itty bitty groups at 50 yards, and I was hitting clay pigeons every time at 100. Highly recommended.

Sighted mine in today. I set it on top on my Savage 17hm2. Sighted in at 70yds.
From 30 yds to 90 yds I was shooting +/- 3/8" either side of the cross hairs.
The glass is excellent. Very easy sight acquisition.

The squirrels tremble at the mention of my name:)

Just took a look at that optic in the cataolg and all the ProStaff scopes have 80 MOA of turret adjustment in them [4-12's have 60]. Seems like they just beg for a tgt. turret install at ~100$. With a 22 that ~75 MOA useable [turret + reticle] oughtta' net 350-400 yds. long-range "plinkability". BDC reticle nets 4 MOA windage either side of vertical axis, for a decent enough system.

Anybody have a turret installed in one of these?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.