Need review on prostaff 3-9-40 bdc rimfire scope

NDAR15MAN

I am thinking about buying a Nikon Prostaff RIMFIRE 3-9x40 BDC 150 RETICLE SCOPE for my 10/22lR rifle.

I would like a review on THE BDC RETICLE

1... How does the BDC reticle group shots for you at the 100 yard and 150 yard cicrle ? Are drop down yardage cicrles accurate for the yardage ? If you could post pictures or give info that would be great.

thanks. marty
progress.gif

I am thinking about buying a Nikon Prostaff RIMFIRE 3-9x40 BDC 150 RETICLE SCOPE for my 10/22lR rifle.

I would like a review on THE BDC RETICLE

1... How does the BDC reticle group shots for you at the 100 yard and 150 yard cicrle ? Are drop down yardage cicrles accurate for the yardage ? If you could post pictures or give info that would be great.

thanks. marty
progress.gif

I was shopping recently and this scope was on my list too. Do some research some love it some hate it. I decided not to get it as the circles seemed o.k. for hunting shots, but not precise for target work IMO. Look through one the lines are fairly thick...

I was shopping recently and this scope was on my list too. Do some research some love it some hate it. I decided not to get it as the circles seemed o.k. for hunting shots, but not precise for target work IMO. Look through one the lines are fairly thick...
Spot on. Mine is just the Prostaff, not the Prostaff rimfire( the difference is the spacing of the BDC circles. The BDC is ok ish, but I HATE it for target work, or anything past 100yds.

I put one on my Ruger 10/22 and for sage rat's it has been great. I haven't shot any groups with it. I really like it for hunting though and the spot on makes it pretty fun to try those 100+ yds shots on the sage rats.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.