Drop down turret or nikon rimfire bdc for 10//22 ?

minkman1

Folks...I want to thank every one for answering my questions the last 2 weeks on 10/22 scopes. After reading every ones reviews and info it looks like the NIKON PROSTAFF RIMFIRE 3-9X40 WITH BDC is the best SCOPE for me and my type of shooting ( hunting and up to 175 yard can plinking ).

Now one more question.....ha ha... ( right )

Question... i am sure some of you shooters use a drop down turret on your 22LR rimfires. HOW WOULD YOU COMPARE THEM TO THE NIKON BDC recticle for accuracy at 75 , 100, 150, 200 , 300 yards with the 22lr cal ? Also what brand of scope and model seems to work better for a 22LR scope drop down turret ?

i know i will need a better quality scope with a 20 moa or 30 moa mount to reach this far out with a 22LR but i want to get some feed back from you guys that use the drop down turret on a 22LR CAL.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. MARTY

Marty, don't know if you're still around on this one, but since most of the Nikon's come with a target turret anyway, i just apply reticle to it's furthest range then add MOA to it, i.e. if 300 yds. requires 50 MOA and i have a 20 MOA reticle then i just add 30 MOA and use the 20 MOA stadia point, whatever it may be.

With the 22 LR i really prefer a tree reticle system though as i find i'm always having to hold off for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.