Rimfire Scope Help

jpbaker

I just put a Ruger 10/22 Archangel together, so now im thinking optics. This will be used forn targets, grouse, and hares etc.

So I was considering an ACOG 4x or NC Star Mark III 3-9X.

I want more than the 4x.

So for all you AR-15 guys can you use a aimpoint scope magnifier on an acog?

TKS
JPB

Srry if this is the wrong section!!! :(

Last edited:
i bought a cheap scope for one of my guns and its been pretty good and fun to play with. tracks pretty good. glass okay. adjustable turrets that dials will set to zero. did i mention cheap. tasco golden antler 3x9x40 at natchez shooters supply made for airguns. looks sorta tactical also.

IMO, FWIW...unless you are doing precision rimfire, target shooting at rimfire ranges (under 100 yards and more than likely 50 yards) anything over 4x is wasted.

i have Leupold Vari-x RF special scopes mounted on two very highly accurate CZ rifles that, more than, meet the needs; neither is more than 9x and i normally leave them set at 3x for all hunting and shooting i do with them.

keep in mind that all a scope does is enable you to SEE the target, it does NOT ensure you will hit it; your marksmanship is what will hit it.

i bought a cheap scope for one of my guns and its been pretty good and fun to play with. tracks pretty good. glass okay. adjustable turrets that dials will set to zero. did i mention cheap. tasco golden antler 3x9x40 at natchez shooters supply made for airguns. looks sorta tactical also.

i checked on this deal and while the scope is appealing, i found the shipping costs to be prohibitive. (at least as far as I'm concerned)

IMO, FWIW...unless you are doing precision rimfire, target shooting at rimfire ranges (under 100 yards and more than likely 50 yards) anything over 4x is wasted.

i have Leupold Vari-x RF special scopes mounted on two very highly accurate CZ rifles that, more than, meet the needs; neither is more than 9x and i normally leave them set at 3x for all hunting and shooting i do with them.

keep in mind that all a scope does is enable you to SEE the target, it does NOT ensure you will hit it; your marksmanship is what will hit it.

I agree with this line of thinking. I have had lots of big scopes on rimfires and for the most part the are a waste and in many cases limit your options. For me the best option, which likely also provides the greatest chance at success is a good lower power scope. I know you said more power than 4x but a good 1-4 like the SS or Vortex is so much fun on a rimfire repeater.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts