Nikon Black 1000 6-24x50 MOA for Long Range Shooting

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Steve Sheasly, Dec 16, 2017.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Steve Sheasly

Steve Sheasly Well-Known Member

I just purchased a Nikon Black 1000 6-24x50 MOA with 30 mm tube for long range shooting/hunting. I was warned by some folks at a Major chain sporting goods store that this scope would not hold up to large calibers. That the scope would not hold its adjustments.
    I have been using an older Monarch Nikon for years and have subjected it to a lot more then just recoil. I mount it on the front of a 4 wheeler and drive through the Blue Mountains of Oregon. I have never seen it get knocked of adjustment.
    I called Nikon and they told me that they have this scope mounted on BMG 50s and it holds. So I have it mounted on a .338LM and will let you know. I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with this scope on big magnums. By the way it is not a $2k scope it is under a grand. The optics are as good as any out there to my eye. I used Nikon glass for decades in my professional cameras.

[​IMG]

2. Csafisher

Csafisher Well-Known Member

I've never had an issue with my monarch. It's been on a .300wm

3. desertcj

desertcj Well-Known Member

I was really eyeing this scope for my 7mm Rem Mag, but it does not have a one piece tube does it?

4. Steve Sheasly

res

5. Steve Sheasly

I compared the optics on Leica, Vortex, Nightforce etc.. Nikon glass IMO is better at least to my eye esp. in low light

6. Elkeater

Elkeater Well-Known Member

My Nikon prostaff held up to my .300WM for years. I even dropped hard enough to take out a chunk of metal out of the tube once and kept it's zero. My opinion is that Nikon makes a good product for the money.

300whisper likes this.
  7. desertcj

desertcj Well-Known Member

It sure doesn't look like a one piece tube to me???

Attached Files:

8. just country

just country Well-Known Member

how much

9. Steve Sheasly

under 700. I think I paid about 650 at Cabellas

10. Steve Sheasly

The other thing that all the reviews say is it is not available in 24 power in MOA. Mine is and I was wrong I bought it from Optics Planet. This is a good long range scope. upload_2017-12-18_6-34-33.png

11. Steve Sheasly

I am in Texas in an RV and my scope is at home. I looked at it very carefully and unless I am mistaken the main tube is one piece. Go take a look at your local sporting goods store.