New NIkon BLACK FX1000- FFP,30mm,Zero-stop

I wish Nikon would put out a video on YouTube of the Nikon FX1000 shooting out at long distances and a video of how well the scope tracks. If Nikon wants to jump into precision shooting, then please demonstrate the great qualities of this scope and put it on YouTube. Nikon needs to get busy and show potential buyers how great the Nikon FX1000 scope really is.

How about me using it to take 7th/89 this last weekend at a PRS national level match? We shot 220 rounds from 400-1175 (which I went 3/3 on). Scope tracked perfect every shot.

I am a RSO at a local range we currently reach out to almost 1400 yards.I do not own the x1000 or fx1000 . My shooting partner does own a couple of FX1000 along with several top end night force, shv, vortex razor and pst and burris xtr 2. He loves his FX's? He dials all the way out to 1300 yards most days. I have not spent any time behind the scope other than to look through it. It was clear , i dialed a couple click up and back down. The turents felt positive enough ,I like the xtr 2 better The nikon glass was clearer. It is a very capable scope for the money, so far no issues from the two he has. I got the impression he finds it similar in function to the vortex razor and gen 2 pst , burris xtr 2 and not to far off from NF . It performs well at a entry level price. Since the subject of manufactures came up. I was told Burris is now owned by Stiner and that the xtr 2 use their class. I own a NF nsx 8x32, 6 burris xtr2 1.5x8, 3x15, 5x25, 8x32, vortex 3x14 pst. There are + and - to each scope. I am currently building a 300 Blk out and 458 socom bolt gun for budget blasting out to 500 yards when pulling rso duty. I am debating between the fx1000 and the xtr 2 for the rifles

A lot of guys have asked me about this new scope from Nikon and I think this may give you a lot of the answers you want. One thing, Nikon's max internal adjustment's are conservative and we have found that they are actually about 15-20% higher. Any other question's or suggestion's, let me know.
One I have already received a few times is for a capped windage adjustment. Thank you..

Screen%20Shot%202018-02-07%20at%2010.16.53%20AM.png

New to the forum - have searched for any other posts about this and didn't see anything. Hopefully you all can help.
Just took the fx1000 out to zero my rifle. Once I had zeroed I remove the elevation turret as well as loosened the 3 screws on the zero stop. With the 3 screws loosened tried spinning the zero stop to the locked position. It will rotate a quarter turn freely and then it engages the turret and moves my zero..? What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Rick

New to the forum - have searched for any other posts about this and didn't see anything. Hopefully you all can help.
Just took the fx1000 out to zero my rifle. Once I had zeroed I remove the elevation turret as well as loosened the 3 screws on the zero stop. With the 3 screws loosened tried spinning the zero stop to the locked position. It will rotate a quarter turn freely and then it engages the turret and moves my zero..? What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Rick

Welcome to LRH and enjoy it!

Check out ~1.10 mark ...

Last edited:
Thanks FEENIX! I was able to figure out one of my problems. The threads were boogered a little which caused the engagement problem when trying to lock the zero stop. I was able to loosen it and lock it down. New problem - when placing the turret to zero, it bottoms out at 20 mils giving me only 10+ mils of adjustment from my zero...? I plan on calling Nikon and hopefully I'm missing something obvious. I am really impressed with the scope otherwise and with it mounted on the my Christensen Arms .308 - I think it will be a sweet deer/antelope rig.

1587883780160.png

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.