NightForce NX8 Illumination Turned on by Recoil… any fixes?

Full Curl

I recently topped my 300RUM with a new NightForce NX8 4-32x50 F2 C641 scope and have started load development. The scope is great but sometimes the illuminated reticle automatically turns on after the rifle is fired… during the recoil process. I can simply turn it off but it got to the point where it was distracting and just plain annoying. I ended up pulling the battery and honestly don't use illumination very often, but it's sure nice to have when needed in the field. I contacted NF and they said I can ship the scope back to them. I found some old threads where guys have seemingly fixed this on their own with other NF models. Wondering if anyone has experienced this recently with a NX8 and if anyone has been able to fix it on their own? I have some hunts lined up here over the next few months so if it has to go back to NF, it won't be until early 2024. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

My NX8 2.5-20 F1 has done this as well on top of my lightweight 30N. It did it about 3-4 times in a row at one shooting session, then stopped. No idea why. Would love to hear from others if there is a fix?

I agree on it being very distracting and annoying. Mine actually was red a couple of times and green a couple of times.

Yes this has happened to me before as well. Not a huge issue. But does happen.

Yes, mine is an NX8.

At this point, I'll try to learn to live with it. It's a PITA to take a scope off and then re-install... especially if it's functioning great mechanically.

Thanks for the replies.

Would love to hear from others if there is a fix?
I did find this... scroll about halfway through the thread...

Has anybody tried this?

I did find this... scroll about halfway through the thread...

Has anybody tried this?
Thanks. I printed that off. Out of the 3 NX8's I have, only the one does this. It's on a lightweight 30 Nosler and doesn't do it all of the time. It obviously has to do with heavier recoil. The ones on my 7 SAUM and 338 Reaper (good brake and heavier) haven't done this.

Thanks. I printed that off. Out of the 3 NX8's I have, only the one does this. It's on a lightweight 30 Nosler and doesn't do it all of the time. It obviously has to do with heavier recoil. The ones on my 7 SAUM and 338 Reaper (good brake and heavier) haven't done this.
Let me know if you attempt the repair and if it works. Thanks.