NF NXS 5.5-22x 50mm

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Anyone play with this scope with the smaller 50mm objective? I am looking to get another extreme range big game scope and this one looks very good for quality, verticle adjustment and reticle choice, NP-R2 or MLR.

Just wondering how the smaller objective has effected things as far as low light shooting.

I suspect not much if any but wanted to ask out there and see if there is anyone using this scope with the smaller objective.

Hell, for a big game scope, I wish they had dropped to a 44mm to be honest. Their glass is good enough to handle the smaller objective in my opinion and would make an even better choice for a extreme duty hunting scope.

Thanks for your opinions.

Kirby Allen(50)

Hi Kirby, i've played with one a little. To be honest i see absolutely no need for the 56mm objective on any scope (much less the 72mm on some that are available today). The 50mm is plenty large enough. Optimal would be a 44mm. But 50's are plenty available. The NXS isn't a S&B PMII but the 50mm one is IMHO the most sensible of the NXS range. the 50mm give optimal light gathering(if you want to call it that) but it doesn't nessesitate riduculously high mounting. You won't find anything bigger than a 50mm on my rifles and i'm hunting pigs at night.
Pete

Pete,

That is the kind of experience I was looking for, hig hunting at night is about as hard as it gets on a scope.

Thanks for your thoughts, time to start saving pennies!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby I have two and they are great! ...Have you ordered your NXS yet? if not email me I may know of a place that the guy may hook you up with a price thats hard to beat.

[ QUOTE ]
The NXS isn't a S&B PMII but the 50mm one is IMHO the most sensible of the NXS range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete why do you prefer the S&B that the 4-16 police you are referring to aren't you?

Kirby

I bought my wife the 3.5x15 - 50 and she loves it. I have the 8X32 - 56 and if I coudl afford it and actually that is what is keeping the rifles here I built from shooting is I wont put anything else on them now that I have had night Force.
I can also tell you that they are true 1/4 (.2617)moa clicks. Tracking is perfect, clarity is supurb maybe a little better that Saworvski IMO, and they are built Ford tuff lol.

Daveosok,

Ya had me sold until the Ford comment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!

Just kidding, thanks for all the replies.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby, did you decide on what reticle you want? I can not make up my mind on the np r2 or the np 2dd. I could use some professional help.(scopes that is)

Well I have a F350 and so far so good, 25k in one year and its a great truck. I couldnt complain about anything.

I wish however that Night Force would start making a small line of scopes to be used for regular rifle work like a 3-9 with a 1 inch tube and 44 mm bell. The NXS series would be way to big on my Ruger #1 so it got a Leupold instead.

daveosok you failled to mention just how tought you f-350 is? Like how your wife tore off the running board. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

She didnt tear it off, bent it up as you so many times in the past have made sure I knew about by the annoying squeking sound it makes.
Now your F350 on the other hand is tough, like the mailbox you hit, or the car you hit, or the other thing you hit and how you dropped a new bed after having it painted and tried to put it on with only you and one other person helping you lol.
Now your truck is tougher than mine, but battle scars are bound to show up one day on the truck its just a matter of time, but I have yet to fall asleep in it jab jab lol.
Dave

You know that hitting below the belt is a sign of weekness dont you? LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.