NF ATACR 4-20

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 48126

Does anyone own one? How is it? Is it worth the money over an NX8 2.5x20 or a Razor Gen II? Thanks for your time.

You just asked my question for me, sort of. I've already ruled out the NX8 due to the very consistent poor reviews about the eye box, but I'm really wanting something in that 3-18x or 4-20x range. I think I've narrowed it down to the Toric 4-20x and this ATACR 4-20x ... quite a big price difference in the two so it makes me lean towards the Toric especially given its feature heavy spec list. It's just harder to find info on the Toric compared to the tried and true NF lineup ... either way I'm here to see what others have to say about the ATACR!

@SteelBanger i had a 5-25 but sold it bc I did not like the reticle and size. I was going to get this one due to its smaller size and get the mil xt reticle.

I think I've landed on the Toric 4-20x MRAD PRS ... not that anyone asked or cares! lol

I just don't see enough difference or improvements in the ATACR to justify paying more than double the Toric's price. I would prefer the 34mm tube though and I'd probably give a very slight edge to the Mil-XT reticle over the Toric reticle, but I do like the full illumination of the Toric. Everything I've found on the Toric has great reviews, and for the price the feature list is pretty incredible so it's worth a shot. If I don't like it I can always put it on my sons rifle next year when I build him his first custom bolt gun.

I think the whole ATACR line is pretty tough to beat. I had a 7-35 and only sold it because it made my rifle super top heavy... and if you don't know, the whole magnification and focus eyepiece turn when zooming in or out. So your scope cap rotates all over the place. That really did bug the hell out of me and probably the only reason I wouldn't buy another one. Super petty, I know haha.

Well I'm going to buy one. Just going to save up. I'm going to get the 4-20. Thanks everyone for your input.

I like a lighter package so I would lean towards the nx8,after seeing if the eyebox is a thing or not. 4-20 is real good for LR hunting

I really enjoy DLOs videos on YouTube. I am going to stay away from the NX8 only bc it's a $2000 scope and he doesn't believe the image quality is as good as it should be for a $2k scope. I figure for an extra $300-500 I step up to the ATACR.

my mark 5 5-25 has great image.That would lean me towards the 3-18M5.If the 4-20 NF was 27 0z Id probably own one
I looked really hard at the 3-18M5, love everything about it especially the weight but the reticle choices is what ruled it out for me.