New to custom rifles-help

WildRose,

Looks like the Ruger is a 12" twist. In order to make it a mag feed it would want to run the 248g Hammer Hunter that we designed for the H&H. I think we could add 15g give or take to that bullet for work in the 12" twist and still mag feed in the Ruger while keeping plenty of case capacity to keep it running harder than the H&H.

Steve

There's a thread on another site where the rogue was being discussed. Some VERY impressive velocities were being had with the 215 and 230 Bergers.

WildRose,

Looks like the Ruger is a 12" twist. In order to make it a mag feed it would want to run the 248g Hammer Hunter that we designed for the H&H. I think we could add 15g give or take to that bullet for work in the 12" twist and still mag feed in the Ruger while keeping plenty of case capacity to keep it running harder than the H&H.

Steve
I was looking on Ruger's site but didn't see the twist rate listed.

This rifle shoots the 250gr GMX, and 270gr Interlock very well. Without the suppressor it shot very well with the 300gr DGX but it did not want to group at all with the suppressor whereas the other two shot the same with/without the suppressor.

I have no idea why.

Well I'm new to building custom rifles but I want to build one. I come to here to ask because I want to know how do I need to go about this?

I want to build a rifle with a style similar to Kirby Allen's Raptor Stalker rifle, but I want it chambered in a 300 Werewolf (yes, swamplords custom wildcat round)

I love this cartridge because it is a rocket 30 cal. I hope I get his permission to do it. I know I'll need custom dies and brass, and hopefully I can get a custom Lilja barrel for this.

Again I am woefully ignorant but I have access to gun smiths who can put this together for me (I know that will be costly too)

So where do I need to go with this? Where do I begin? Thanks!

Give Dallas Lane at Lane Precision a call and you will be on your way to building a 300 Werewolf,
Lane Precision just built one for a shooter on a Defiance action and Whidden made the case forming and reloading dies

Lane Precision Rifles

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 19
Give Dallas Lane at Lane Precision a call and you will be on your way to building a 300 Werewolf,
Lane Precision just built one for a shooter on a Defiance action and Whidden made the case forming and reloading dies

Lane Precision Rifles

Thanks swamp! Do you have a external ballistics chart for the werewolf and vampire?

8mm vampire will be the next project

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.