New scope for the new rifle

matt_3479

I just received my 6mm creed build today back from the smith and boy is she nice! Now looking to throw some glass on top. My top end optic is an nxs right now. Was looking at another but in canada the nxs's price went through the roof. I was informed by 2 buddies that the new pst Gen ii glass rivals closesly to that of the nxs. Seems pretty tough to believe but figured I should ask. I might have a line on a razor gen II for a good price and if that's the case I'll go that route, but if it falls through I'd toss the idea of the pst Gen ii if everyone thinks there worth a shot?

I just received my 6mm creed build today back from the smith and boy is she nice! Now looking to throw some glass on top. My top end optic is an nxs right now. Was looking at another but in canada the nxs's price went through the roof. I was informed by 2 buddies that the new pst Gen ii glass rivals closesly to that of the nxs. Seems pretty tough to believe but figured I should ask. I might have a line on a razor gen II for a good price and if that's the case I'll go that route, but if it falls through I'd toss the idea of the pst Gen ii if everyone thinks there worth a shot?
I dont think you would go wrong with either one but if weight is not a huge concern I'd go with an ATACR for the better glass. I like to keep the weight down on my rifles so I have switched to March optics for my last two scopes and I will never look back. I have a 7-35 ATACR and a 5.5x22x50 NXS I would sell if your interested

I dont think you would go wrong with either one but if weight is not a huge concern I'd go with an ATACR for the better glass. I like to keep the weight down on my rifles so I have switched to March optics for my last two scopes and I will never look back. I have a 7-35 ATACR and a 5.5x22x50 NXS I would sell if your interested

I'd love too go ATACR but prices in Canada for them are 3600-4600 ish. Nxs 2600-2750 ish. The ATACR is out of my budget

Give the Leupold Mk 5 HD a look, I've got the 5-25 and the 3.6-18, they're awesome scopes.
The 3.6-18 is going on my 6 Creed for PRS.

Look at the Zeiss V4 decent price good optic lightweight or Sightron. I had a PST Gen 2 when they first came out they have limited adjustment compared to others they are heavy,and there glass is not close to
Nightforce. You could always look at Athlon optics too.

There's the SWFA 5-20x50 HD. That's way cheaper than the NXS. I also have a weaver Tactical 34 in 6-30x56. They run about 1400. I really, really like that scope. The eye relief is extremely generous. It also has this smart zero feature where you zero your rifle and twist the smart zero under the scope cap up. It locks your 100 yard zero in place.

If you can afford the vortex razor or nxs 100% go for it, but the $1000-1500 USD optics have really stepped up.

For me, it depends on what I plan to hunt and one's individual eyesight. Do you want FFP or 2FP? Lately I have been leaning towards FFP scopes. It looks like price is not an object. Mostly what sits on top of my rifles is a Burris Veracity in FFP and Carl Zeiss Conquest in a 2FP. Both good glass and reasonably priced through Sport Optics. Hope this helps and good luck!

Again, you didnt mention your budget. Forget Vortex, they suk, always have, always will. Professional shooters use them cuz the are sponsored and get several for back ups.

Step up !!!

1. If ranges are within 500 yards, get a Swarovski Z6 with ballistic Turret. Sweet and light
2. Heavy scope ATACR
3. March, are sweet and light
4. Budget, Athalon ETR, NOT BTR, ETR

I'm an old MOA guy but if your a Melinial look at Milradian

Sorry my budget is a little tighter right now. I'm looking at possibly replacing the optic I purchase in the future (by just moving it over to my 20 tac) and upgrading for the 6mm creed and is the reason I was looking at the pst Gen II. If there's a good deal then it's hard to say no. But mark 5, ATACR are at the $3500+ Range and that's above my budget. The razor gen II is at 3400-3500 but might have a line on them for 2700 ish and is the only reason I'm considering

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.