scope for new coyote rifle

Farmerbrown,

Nice to hear from a fella that lives in the area of where I hunt. I spend quite a bit of time chasing coyotes in SW a West Central ND. I love it out there.....or at least used to but the oil is completely ruining it....maybe not the way SW corner but from what I hear, they are heading that way....

I honestly wanted to hold out for a FFP Nightforce but a FFP Vortex 4x16x50 HS with the XLR reticle popped up on the radar brand new for 700.00 and I couldn't talk myself into saying no to my first FFP scope for that money. I guess I will know soon enough if I made a mistake by choosing the Vortex over the NF (about 1800.00 difference).....

Never tried Vortex optics before although my buddy has one and likes it(he also had a pile of trouble with it and had to send it back twice before they got it right)...

Anyway, If anyone has any experiences to share, good or bad, with their Vortex scopes, I would like to hear it...

Thanks guys,

Jamie

As I said previously, I had the PS-T not the HS, but got along quite well with it. The only issue I ever had with mine were the illumination caps needed to have shims installed because the originals did not put enough pressure on the battery to make the illumination stay on. Vortex sent me the caps for both scopes at no charge and I had them in less than a week. One thing I will say is, once you get past 400 yards or so, that FFP reticle is going to cover up a lot of that coyote. Other than that, I expect you will like your Vortex quite well. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it after you try it out.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.