New Savage 110 Ultralite with Proof CF Barrels

I think it's funny many here have said they're "not fond, or not a fan of Savage rifles" but you put a Proof Barrel on it and that changes everything? The Blue printed action by Savage has been offered on a few setups in the past as I own 2 of them. Anyways..... every Savage in my safe (4) shoots sub MOA. 6.5-284, 308, 6.5 Creedmoor and 300WSM.

I own a 110 light weight hunter and I'll never buy another Savage. The head failed on my bolt. The ejector and the extraction both froze in my bolt head unable to be removed. I contacted Savage and they sent me two new pins to replace the frozen one. They would not fix or replace the bolt head. I ended up buying an aftermarket bolt head. Thanks but no thanks Savage.

I think it's funny many here have said they're "not fond, or not a fan of Savage rifles" but you put a Proof Barrel on it and that changes everything? The Blue printed action by Savage has been offered on a few setups in the past as I own 2 of them. Anyways..... every Savage in my safe (4) shoots sub MOA. 6.5-284, 308, 6.5 Creedmoor and 300WSM.
I have a HS Precision FCP 110 that I changed over to a 25-06 and it shoots lights out with 110 accubonds. Can't beat it.

I'm just sitting here wondering why anyone would hate on a 22" barrel 280AI. And I wish this came lefty for my buddy. He is in the market for something like this and kicking around the Bergara, Hells Canyon..... Also, I can' t believe it doesn't come in 300PRC.

Barrel is OK...action and stock are nothing to write home about. Add doesn't say anything about Accustock, Aluminum bedded or fiberglass bedded which is what defines accuracy. Proof barrels are not the best in the Fiberglass barrel market, they have simply made a name for themselves by mass producing barrels for mass produced rifles. Waste of money IMHO.

Barrel is OK...action and stock are nothing to write home about. Add doesn't say anything about Accustock, Aluminum bedded or fiberglass bedded which is what defines accuracy. Proof barrels are not the best in the Fiberglass barrel market, they have simply made a name for themselves by mass producing barrels for mass produced rifles. Waste of money IMHO.

No fiberglass in any Proof barrel...or in any other carbon fiber barrel...

I don't know that they are tolerant of 1:8 barrels like this Savage has. Plus, it isn't just about the jump, it is about stuffing the long bullet down in the case.
I've not tried the 156s but 153s have been giving me amazing results in a 1:8. I don't think I'd let the twist rate scare me away If i wanted one of these in a prc.

Recent Posts