New Ruger No. 1 7mm STW Carbon Barrel Build

mattparliament

Hey All! Long time reader here but haven't really posted much. This last year I had two Ruger No. 1 custom rigs put together, one is a 300 WSM and one in 7mm STW. Both were set up the same way, magnum research barrel, custom brake, cerakote in matte black, mount/rings from scopemounts.com, custom synthetic stock. Burris E1 6.5-20 scopes with custom dials. Both shoot in the same hole at 100 which is enjoyable. Using 120 Barnes TTSX's at 3650 fps in the 7mm and 180 grain accubonds at 3100 fps in the WSM.

That ought to be a fun one. I had a two decade long love affair with the Ruger No. 1 and still have loads of fond memories shooting mine. I had them in 25-06 and .220 Swift and they were among the finest rifles I ever shot.

Matt

What about your trigger?

I have a factory stainless No 1 in 7mm stw, and the trigger is just to heavy for me. It is about 5 lbs pull, and I would like it about 3.

Also, how does the scope mount mount to the gun?

Bill

My trigger is very good, light and crispy thankfully so I didn't have to mess with it. The picture makes the mount look like it's attached to the carbon fiber part but it "floats" over it. It is bolted to the metal part of the barrel, here's a pic of another one:

I just realized you are the same guy I sent a message to in 24hourcamp. I'de like to visit with you about these #1s

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.