New rifle Scope for 6.5 PRC

Hello everyone. I am looking to get a new scope for my rifle this year for target shooting and for hunting. Currently I'm looking at the Burris signature HD 5-25x50 but Im not sure about the optical quality at extended ranges. For target shooting and practice, I want to stretch out to 1000 yards. I am limited to shopping at Cabela's due to having a gift card to cover most of the cost of the scope. Does anyone have any experience with the Burris signature series of rifle Scopes? Any advice is appreciated 👍

Had one back in the day on my 300WM. Had to site it in every year for deer and had it move 10 inches on me before I shot my largest mule deer. I cant recommend Burris over my personal past experiences with their signature and diamond series. They may be better now than they where 20 years ago. Nightforce, leupold, or Sightron SIII would be what I would use in that Order. Do yourself a favor and get a nightforce SHV in that power range😉.

Hello everyone. I am looking to get a new scope for my rifle this year for target shooting and for hunting. Currently I'm looking at the Burris signature HD 5-25x50 but Im not sure about the optical quality at extended ranges. For target shooting and practice, I want to stretch out to 1000 yards. I am limited to shopping at Cabela's due to having a gift card to cover most of the cost of the scope. Does anyone have any experience with the Burris signature series of rifle Scopes? Any advice is appreciated 👍
What is your budget?

Truly if you want a Burris look hard at the XTR III it is not a bad option.. I shot over one and liked it—it was a bit on the heavy side and is see them for 1500-1700 dollars.

Look hard at the Maven RS1…great scope capped windage and elevation—can get a turret for it and the 44mm let's you mount it low..quality scope and glass. They had a holiday sale with rings scope cap and scope for $1175 dollars.

Leupold Mark V great option..don't know your budget—but cannot go wrong. $1700-2000.

If your budget is less than 1000,and don't mind SFP… look really hard at the Leupold VX3 HD 4.5x14 30mm CDS…great light weight scope will give you probably 600-650 yards on its one rotation. Cost $750…you want to spend a bit more get another rotation get the VX5 CDS…$1000-$1200

Thank you for the info! My budget is around $600 to $800. I would also like the scope to be a second focal plane due to it being a hunting scope first and a target scope second. The terrain I will be hunting has a mix of close range shots in the timber and longer shots in open hillsides. I will also be using the rifle for target shooting in the summer time for practice and for fun and the max range for that will be around 1000 yards. I was also looking at the vortex pst 6-24x50 but that is another one I'm not sure about

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1362173644?pid=936654 …not bad for $700

Another solid option…for $600

For a budget optic the Element is worth a look…I just bought a Nexus from them…this option is under $400 and the quality looks outstanding for a budget optic.

Vortex LHT 3-15 $1000…solid buy with a good warranty.

Leupold VX5..maybe a bit above your budget but worth it…

Also if you want to stretch yourself the Maven RS.1 is still a solid product—just a bit above your price point.

A few scopes to chew on….