New Rifle Build

xFREDRICKx

Hi,

I have been hunting and shooting my whole life, but new when it comes to long range shooting. I know my ins and outs of handguns but when it comes to rifles i am little behind on the interior of it. I have a Remington 700 ADL in 7mm Rem Mag and would like to build on it. I am looking at a McMillan stock and a Krieger barrel and a new trigger. I already have a vortex Viper HS LR in 6-24x50FFP and good bases and mounts but what else would i need? This is stupid question but when i order the barrel will it fit my action or is their an insert to connect them that i would have to buy. Is their anything else i would have to get to make it fit properly? I am going to have a local gunsmith glass bed the action in the stock when it comes in.

No insert. You are going to have to send the gun and new parts to a gunsmith. He will then chamber the BBL in the round you want (within reason) and will thread the bbl to screw onto your action with the proper head space. He will also need it to bed the bbld action to your new stock.

The first and most important thing you can do right now is find a repuatable gun smith!! He will be invaluable in helping you make the proper ( and safe) decisions!!

Good luck , and welcome,

Tod

Thank you Tod! I just found a gunsmith today, and went and talked to him about it. Seems like i am all ready to go on this project.

get a new tactical bolt handle, Harris or atlas bipod, get some cheap ammo to break in the barrel. I do two boxes of 20, and I don't clean my gun after the break in process, might seem dumb but I have at least 2,000 rounds through my 22-250 and I still hit Prarie dogs at 500 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts