New rifle build

csm

Hey guys just looking at some more thoughts on building a new rifle. I'm thinking of building a 300 savage using a proof barrel and rem action with a Ag composite stock. Should be a fairly light gun for packing around the mountain with. Thinking on shooting 165 Berger. Who would be a good place to get a reamer from

I have an older 300 Savage on a remington 722 action . I like it and it works well for what I wanted it to do .

I haven't had any problems finding ammo for mine here in Wyoming . I shot my last elk with it running a 150 gr. spire point factory load from Federal . I wasn't but 150 yards from her she went 25 yards and piled up . when I shot I knew she was done by the way she humped up and just walked over and laid down .

JGS for the reamer. I now have gone with these exclusively. Great people to do business with.

I have 3 of my Rem hunting rifles using the AG Composite (CAT) stocks. They are oustanding in structure, rigidity, and very light weight. I also like the forend on this stock, as it is just about perfect for stability and comfort. You will not be disappointed.

T
I have 3 of my Rem hunting rifles using the AG Composite (CAT) stocks. They are oustanding in structure, rigidity, and very light weight. I also like the forend on this stock, as it is just about perfect for stability and comfort. You will not be disappointed.
Thanks for the info greatly appreciated

Hey guys just looking at some more thoughts on building a new rifle. I'm thinking of building a 300 savage using a proof barrel and rem action with a Ag composite stock. Should be a fairly light gun for packing around the mountain with. Thinking on shooting 165 Berger. Who would be a good place to get a reamer from
I think its a pretty cool idea I hope it turns out spectacular

Well I do have a pile of 300 brass and 2 rifles in 99e just was thinking about the bolt action option
what do you think you would gain over your lever action for hunting.... other than maybe a tight twist barrel? If so then, consider one of the Hammer Hunters since you are a reloader. You will get a high BC bullet that weighs a fair amount less than regular High BC. I'm a 99 fan and just completed one in .260 Rem. Have yet to stretch it's legs. But they are such natural hunters that my bolt actions are now just for LRH. But I am interested in my .260 Rem 99's LR accuracy. Will soon see.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.