New rifle budget takes a hit, what to do?

Thanks for the input guys! I have a couple of older Remington triggers laying around I'm sure and will probably go this route it the Jewel doesn't pan out. I sort of had TPS rings and base in the back of my mind too. In reality I probably have enough stuff laying around that I don't use that I could sell a few things and make up the difference.

Thanks again!
Bob

Nimrod, if the Jewell doesn't pan out like you said you can always make 1 of those triggers work for you. My 700 .300 RUM has a crisp clean factory trigger that I worked on, it is as smooth as the Shilen target trigger I had in my .300 Lapua. I like the TPS rings, been thinking about trying a set on my next scope.

Nimrod, if the Jewell doesn't pan out like you said you can always make 1 of those triggers work for you. My 700 .300 RUM has a crisp clean factory trigger that I worked on, it is as smooth as the Shilen target trigger I had in my .300 Lapua. I like the TPS rings, been thinking about trying a set on my next scope.
Same here. I have three Sendero's with the "new trigger" that after I worked them over are great and the old style triggers are even easier to tune.

I've also got the TPS rings on 5 different rifles and they are working out great.

If your current trigger really sucks, I have an older 700 SS takeoff trigger (not one of the ones I adjusted) that you can have for $10 to cover shipping.
Mark, if Nimrod doesn't want that trigger, shoot me a PM with some pics of it. I need one for my .338 WM. The old X-Mark in it is messed up and fires when you shut the bolt (started doing it recently out of the blue). Good thing I never load it, because I don't shoot the rifle right now, as it's awaiting a rebarrel.

Is the trigger you have the old flat-back wide golden shoe trigger? If so, I'm interested...Provided the OP doesn't want/need it, as he does have first priority.

You can always just work your way into it like others have said.

I will say when I put the Jewell trigger in mine, it was awesome. Greatest upgrade I have ever done to a gun. If it was me, that would be upgrade number one. Sounds like if you hold off on the upgrade for a little bit and go with some more reasonable yet functional mounts, you will be good to go. Seem like someone told me the EGW rail with some Burris rings was quite reasonable and worked great.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts