New Remington 700's

That's interesting, I attempted to buy some and was told they were not selling parts or actions as everything was going into production of the rifles, "Get in touch with us in a couple years". Are the action's obviously different? How's thread fit?

That's interesting, I attempted to buy some and was told they were not selling parts or actions as everything was going into production of the rifles, "Get in touch with us in a couple years". Are the action's obviously different? How's thread fit?
The receiver is a Model 700. Technically, there is nothing different about it. I put a Timney trigger on it and a Remage varmint barrel from X-Caliber. I didn't see any manufacturing flaws. It is a nice shooting varmint R700 rifle now.

I got to handle the new Rem Arms 700 A1 earlier this year. Everything looked good but the stock. To me it looked like a club. Maybe my taste in stocks is old school, but it didn't apeal to me at all. MHO. DD62

I'll post it again for those that are just interested in the receiver and building your own rifle. This is the route I took in Dec 2021. The receiver I got was in excellent condition. No flaws.

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Savage function tests their guns. SOMEBODY must be test firing them because they show signs of being fired out of the box.
I ran a wastewater plant that the Ilion, NY Factory discharged to for over 30 years. I inspected their facility at least annually. The Environmental Coordinator knew I was a gun nut, so we often toured through areas that were not discharge related.

All guns were & are "proof tested" by firing a special high pressure load through them into a snail device before going to packaging. The barrels have a proof stamp placed on them I believe too.

Do a search for RemArms to get to their catalog. Many folks hope for bringing Model 7's, 1187's, Versamax ( waterfowl guys I know use them & say they're the best shotgun for heavy loads ever built!). Sub gauge 1100's and 7600 carbines. I'm not sure what's in store. I live in NYS 20 miles from the Ilion factory (over 200 years production there!) and I don't see many 700's or 870's in local gun stores.

I copied this page from their website about Timney triggers.

1690123279055.png

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Savage function tests their guns. SOMEBODY must be test firing them because they show signs of being fired out of the box.
I purchased a savage a22 from Walmart at the end of last year. This is a semi-auto 22 in a laminate varmint thumbhole stock fluted barrel. Whether they fired it or not for function, it would not hit a 2-ft target at 100 yd. 2 ft right one foot left 2 ft high.

I sent it back to Savage a little over 90 days ago. I hadn't heard anything so I emailed them about it and they said they were out of stock on barrels. The barrel needed to be replaced. So I'm hoping to get that back someday. They're standing behind it, but if they would have even tried to shoot it at 100 yards they would have realized there was a problem.

If they would have shot it at 25 yards they would have realized it was printing 8 in or so.

I shot several new Rem Arms firearms as I was a sales rep until about a month ago. All shot & functioned better than anything they produced in the last 10 years. The 7 PRC long range model would stack 3 shots of Hornady match ammo almost in the same hole. I was most impressed with the 783 in 6.5 CM that shot .50" groups with most quality ammo. I actually kept it for my boy. Buy with confidence as they are producing them with new processes, materials and QC. EVERY firearm is function tested before it leaves. That cannot be said by some of the other big names, Ruger, Winchester, Savage ect…

I wonder what the barrel threads are for the new 783? There is a used one in a local mom and pop shop out near the farm, they are asking $325 for it, someone painted it, looks horrendous. Wonder if it would be worth making it a truck/utv rifle?

Recent Posts