New Remington 700's

I'm only seeing places to order them and wait. That's on the Alpha 1 platform. Remington wrote me back and said release date is 4th quarter 2023. I hope they are earlier. It's been a while.

I'm only seeing places to order them and wait. That's on the Alpha 1 platform. Remington wrote me back and said release date is 4th quarter 2023. I hope they are earlier. It's been a while.
The only one I've seen available for order is the 6.5 creedmoor.

It looks like little to no lefty or ultramags to start with... disappointing... It's easy to slap in a Timney... if the bolt is on the wrong side it's a no go from the get go unless I want a bench rig...
They seem to be getting into this slowly. They have done positive things like the trigger change and are putting 8 twist in the 7RM's but some of the barrels are shorter than they should be and still doing a 14 twist in the 22-250. I haven't seen the price point yet.

I shot several new Rem Arms firearms as I was a sales rep until about a month ago. All shot & functioned better than anything they produced in the last 10 years. The 7 PRC long range model would stack 3 shots of Hornady match ammo almost in the same hole. I was most impressed with the 783 in 6.5 CM that shot .50" groups with most quality ammo. I actually kept it for my boy. Buy with confidence as they are producing them with new processes, materials and QC. EVERY firearm is function tested before it leaves. That cannot be said by some of the other big names, Ruger, Winchester, Savage ect…

I shot several new Rem Arms firearms as I was a sales rep until about a month ago. All shot & functioned better than anything they produced in the last 10 years. The 7 PRC long range model would stack 3 shots of Hornady match ammo almost in the same hole. I was most impressed with the 783 in 6.5 CM that shot .50" groups with most quality ammo. I actually kept it for my boy. Buy with confidence as they are producing them with new processes, materials and QC. EVERY firearm is function tested before it leaves. That cannot be said by some of the other big names, Ruger, Winchester, Savage ect…
Encouraging words.

The one I saw at a local LGS looked like the Alpha in the picture on the Remington website.
It was in a 7mm mag,a caliber I don't shoot anymore but the salesman said he could order a 300 win mag.
Fit and finish looked good, as some of the older Remington 700's had barrels that were not spaced evenly in the stock and stock needed to be sanded to make it even,something that should have never left the shop like that.
I'm liking the the Remingtons but remembering accuracy problems from some before they shut the doors.

I got one of the first LA internal mag actions off the line and put together a .257 Roberts. It is straight and shoots like an R700 should shoot. I'll have to go back in time to find what online dealer had them in stock early on. But I'm pretty sure it has been a couple of years or so.

I got one of the first LA internal mag actions off the line and put together a .257 Roberts. It is straight and shoots like an R700 should shoot. I'll have to go back in time to find what online dealer had them in stock early on. But I'm pretty sure it has been a couple of years or so.