new primer manufacturer

The question is IF they need an air permit which maybe not so searching other TXCEQ databases to see anything has been filed.

Seems to be moving along:
Smissen says the first phase of hiring for the Texas location is complete, with about 400 people slotted in positions as machinists, operators, chemists, line workers, material handlers, and a few engineering and administrative roles.

"We've been very impressed with the supervisory staff we've already hired and the veterans that we've hired. Actually, a lot of the supervisory staff that we already have onboard are veterans," he said. "So, if veterans are looking for a job, please send your resume."

The second phase of hiring at the Texas facility is expected to begin this summer.

Getting the old government munitions plant into working condition hasn't been easy. Smissen said the building chosen for the primer plant was the newest on the property; it was built in the early 1990s to build artillery shells.

======================================================================

I sent them a contact question so see if they answer.

I sent an email to Expansion Ammunition a good while back and got a reply on the 10th of October:
Thank you,
We are looking forward to starting production over the coming month and shipping on a limited basis.
You will likely see them being offered retail before the end of the first quarter 2023...

Thank you,
Rich Jarvis
Expansion Ammunition Sales
Cell 214.608.5651
www.expansion-ammunition.com

Why would that not suprise me?
I just received an email reply from Alliant about Reloader 7 and the email said they ship powder every day and Reloader 7 is among the shipments.Yet I have not seen any in the past 2 years.NADA,None!It's going somewhere.
Man I've got a few pounds of RE 7 wish I could get it to you!! Kinda sad if I had 50 bmg brass I could fill it put a plastic or wax plug in it and ship it just fine.

Thanks for the nice thought Coldfinger.Alliant promised me they are shipping everyday and Re7 is right there with them.
I watch several places 3 times per day and it will show up sooner than later.
I have a bit over 1/2 a pound left so I'm not out.
The weather is starting to cool off so I'll start casting soon and use the rest of that Re7.
I mostly use it for 45-70 and have a brand new mould to break in.

Update on Expansion Primers from email response:
They are in production right now but full production is dedicated to their OEM obligations.

It was indicated they hope to hit retail shelves in Q1-23. So I bet we should realistically look for them in Q2-Q3 2023. Its exciting to think we will have possible new source for primers going forward.

Its also encouraging to see a company that has customer service and doesn't blow off a reasonable inquiry. Several of LRH folks have received same response.

I've been in email contact with Rich Jarvis since August of 2021. I also received the last email update that went out. Sounds like mid 2023 for stuff to start getting out. That anticipated date has moved several times as expected in this supply chain climate.
Other good news, CCI has been shipping to one of our distributors. So we are sitting pretty well with cci branded small and large rifle magnums. Those should be filtering out through the normal channels soon I would think