Bobcat Calling Primer

ADMIN

Administrator
"I've got two coyotes coming from across the draw." Carl whispered from the far side of the big boulder we flanked. Moments later, a bobcat appeared on top of the rimrock. "Cat," I whispered back. Even though this was Carl's hunt, he unselfishly told me to forget about the coyotes and take the 'cat. Like molasses I slowly adjusted my rifle and bipod for the steep uphill shot and the big bobcat disappeared at the shot. There was little doubt it was down but it was well after dark before I worked my way to a break in the rim and got to him, a big male that would bring some serious change at the fur auction. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Bobcat Calling Primer, By Tim Titus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Exactly right Tim .
I enjoyed your article , and can relate to your personal and factual findings .
As an African Outfitter and guide , I do guided hunts on cats too , mainly Caracal ( Lynx ) and Leopard as far as cats go , and I'm extremely particular and strict on sound and movement in the blind facing the bait hung for leopard . And , this in a blind with 4 sides and roof , and around 80 to 100 yards from the bait !
Absolutely , agree , sight and sound is with these two felines the most important , followed obviously by smell , as a cat down wind of the hunters and blind , coming up toward the bait will smell the hunters without a doubt , but at a lesser distance than your coyote and our Black Backed jackal .
One item or tool us African electronic callers in general have not really taken seriously , yet , are the remote decoys used in conjunction with e-callers . I cannot understand why , as our jackal is virtually on par with your coyote ( bar size , your's bigger ) in so much as character and traits go .
I'm convinced you guys have it nailed down with these decoys , and I'm investing shortly in one to match my Primos Alpha Dog .
Suggestions ?
Again , great article , great read .

Allan

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.