new primer manufacturer

HockeyDad

This shortage of primers situation is beyond absurd. It is almost like it is a deliberate and coordinated attempt for some reason.
I am half tempted to buy all my primers from now on from this new manufacturer once they come online, and tell all the current manufacturers to go scrog themselves.

I remember as a kid my dad promised me a brand new Mossberg 410 pump shotgun,never happened so I have learned to keep my options open until I see what I want with my own eyes.
When I see them on shelves then and only then will I drop shopping for primers I have been using for the past 55 years.
I agree something seems fishy!

This shortage of primers situation is beyond absurd. It is almost like it is a deliberate and coordinated attempt for some reason.
I am half tempted to buy all my primers from now on from this new manufacturer once they come online, and tell all the current manufacturers to go scrog themselves.
Who is the new primer manufacturer?

They were supposed to offer them this past july, then it was August to September time frame. I'm hearing they are putting them into loaded ammo to get returns on investment fast. Wouldn't hold my breath on them. I'm seeing small rifle and pistol primers at LGS, large will be here soon. Just be ready for sticker shock. Small rifle BR were $129.99 not long ago and sold out in days. Older made Winchester LR were $119.99 gone in two days.

I recently drove cross country and saw primers at the 3-4 stores I stopped at. Pricing was $70-$100 depending on the type, sitting with no limits. Local shop has SRP and SPP this week, $70 with no limit. Ammo shelves are well stocked locally as well. Seems things are starting to improve around Colorado at least.

Is their facility completed? Our company is building a $3 billion smelter in Indonesia that was supposed to be completed in 2023, but they just pushed the expected completion date back to 2024 because of interruptions in the supply chain.

I just searched TXCEQ website for completed applications and could not find any reference to Expansion Industries. It may be under another name. I need to find address and try search that way. My take is if no permits = no manufacturing. Heck, no production equipment can be installed until construction permit is approved. I am wondering if running into some USEPA BS since it is a cleaned up Superfund site. I can easily see a Biden driven slow down on permit approvals for any firearm related construction.

I just searched TXCEQ website for completed applications and could not find any reference to Expansion Industries. It may be under another name. I need to find address and try search that way. My take is if no permits = no manufacturing. Heck, no production equipment can be installed until construction permit is approved. I am wondering if running into some USEPA BS since it is a cleaned up Superfund site. I can easily see a Biden driven slow down on permit approvals for any firearm related construction.
Why would that not suprise me?
I just received an email reply from Alliant about Reloader 7 and the email said they ship powder every day and Reloader 7 is among the shipments.Yet I have not seen any in the past 2 years.NADA,None!It's going somewhere.