New Powder Coming

Ian M

Hodgdon is going to introduce a new powder that is intended for the big case, small caliber cartridges such as the 7mm Ultramags, etc. You heard it first on LRHUNTING.

steve smith

What's it going to be called? How will it compare to H870? I'd be interested in a powder that allowed me to take full advantage of the Ultra case.

Fergus Bailey

This is a version of a powder that has been available in Australia for about a decade and was recently discontinued for the domestic market by ADI, the manufacturer. The decision by Hodgdon will see it back on the market in a slightly slower form. As mentioned by Ian, Hodgdon are marketing this with the Rem Ultra cartridges in mind.

I have been getting good accuracy and 90%+ loading density in my 308 Bear with the new powder. Cant wait until it is generally available. Should work well in my new Lapua 338 Imp too.

Fergus

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.