6.5 SST (II) IS COMING

elkaholic

The initial chambering for the sst has been quite a hit. It was designed to run 147 class bullets up to 3100' at a coal of 2.8". This allows 6.5 Saum performance that will fit in just about any magazine. It has been super easy to load for and is extremely accurate!
It soon became apparent that with the success of this shorty, there was a need for a throated version. The new SST II will up the performance for those running 2.9"+ mag boxes. This will give more pop to the competitive shooters and those wanting to chamber hunting rifles as well. All this while providing the same smooth feeding qualities of the original version. With head stamped brass coming in the near future, this is a great opportunity to spin one up and be right on the heels of the bar setting SS round. The reamer should be available in about 10-12 weeks. Pre orders for brass are still available for a limited time....rich

The initial chambering for the sst has been quite a hit. It was designed to run 147 class bullets up to 3100' at a coal of 2.8". This allows 6.5 Saum performance that will fit in just about any magazine. It has been super easy to load for and is extremely accurate!
It soon became apparent that with the success of this shorty, there was a need for a throated version. The new SST II will up the performance for those running 2.9"+ mag boxes. This will give more pop to the competitive shooters and those wanting to chamber hunting rifles as well. All this while providing the same smooth feeding qualities of the original version. With head stamped brass coming in the near future, this is a great opportunity to spin one up and be right on the heels of the bar setting SS round. The reamer should be available in about 10-12 weeks. Pre orders for brass are still available for a limited time....rich
I just ordered dies and brass. Waiting to rent a reamer when my barrel arrives. Can you give COAL with other popular bullets at the lands using the SST II reamer? 140 ELDM, 143 ELDX, etc?

Thanks, I may have my smith throat the rifling out another 20 to 30 thou to fit in a non-binder 2.960" AI mag. It will be on a Tikka T3 that I imagine will look a lot like this when complete. I plan on having a steel McGowan HVY Palma barrel and a Carbon 6 Magnum contour barrel done with the same chamber so I can swap them out for field matches and hunting. Hopefully they will shoot the same load since Carbon 6 uses McGowan blanks.

yXtPZEg.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts