New LRH glass

I have not shot behind a Minox ZA 5. I think they have actually been discontinued. But in the price range, they sold for originally, I don't think they could compare to the ZP-5 line.
I have shot behind one ZE-5i 3-15×50. Good scope. Not quite in the ZP-5 quality, but at about half the price, quite nice.
I have shot behind a few ZP-5, a couple 3-15×50 and a couple 5-25×56. Amazing scopes. Worth the price tag if you are in the $2-3k+ budget. Surprisingly, I don't own one ssof my own. But I would think about one if I was in the market.

I bought the Minox 5-25X56 and Tract 3-15. The Tract has better glass.

I also had the opportunity to compare my scope with a S&B and a March. Both are better than anything I have.

I bought the Minox 5-25X56 and Tract 3-15. The Tract has better glass.

I also had the opportunity to compare my scope with a S&B and a March. Both are better than anything I have.
I would expect the Tract @ $1300 to have quite a bit better glass than the Minox ZA-5 @ $600.
The Tract is probably more comparable to the ZE line @ similar price.
But not even close to the ZP line @ 2x+ price range.
I have a March, and honestly, I don't think it is in the same league as the S&B. It is very good, and, lightweight with huge magnification range makes it a fantastic hunting option.

Simply no middleman puts the Tract at a much higher scope level. More for less because of no middleman. I just ordered another one. Try one and compare. Worth the effort. Great folks to deal with also.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts