New lightweight rig need glass

1. How many rounds down range with your Zeiss ?

2. Has it lost zero?

3. I'd give it a chance before I jerked it off my gun because somebody that I didn't know said they won't hold zero. I mean it's not a $75.00 Tasco,( no offense) right? Over the years if it had Zeiss on it, it was pretty good stuff. Everybody's stuff breaks.

No matter what brand of glass you put on it, Im assuming you are gonna put it thru the paces before you haul it up some God awful sheep mountain right? That's the purpose of a light rig, you are gonna be packing it somewhere long and or steep? High elevations?

So go shoot it. See if it fails. If it does, send it back. If not, just use it.

Run your Zeiss, trust your gut,to many falsehoods,prove it to your self .

I picked up a Christensen Mesa in 6.5PRC for a light weight long range rig and lookin for repeatable glass that's lighter than NF. I run and trust NF on my others but trying to keep this one lighter weight. I put a Zeiss V6 on it but dang I'm hearing logs of horror story's about Zeiss not holding zero. Hearing the same unfortunately about Leupold. Not trying to start a stir here but looking for honest opinions with real world results. Thanks everyone.....
Check out March scopes!

Run your Zeiss, trust your gut,to many falsehoods,prove it to your self .
this 👆🏻. Get some time behind it in lots of conditions and at various ranges. Use a kestrel or rangefinder or something that takes weather, pressure, elevation etc into account. And use a powder with a known temp deviation that is low. And record in your software/device the temp when sighting in and it should be able to correct your dope accordingly. A couple of my scopes that I thought wouldn't track actually did track as I switched from a phone app to a kestrel. I think there are a lot of variables that get blamed on equipment, when it could be reloading technique, trigger technique, bad info, software etc. etc.

I prefer others, but my Zeiss track great and have great glass. My Razor LHT tracks and has great glass and weight for the price point, Vx5, mark 5, and NXS and others all track and have things I love for their applications. Only issue I have had was a vx6 years ago, leupold fixed it and did right by me. Run it through its paces to see if you like it before giving up on it.

The OP has gotten a significant amount of input. This definitely is a personal decision. I tagged in as I was going through a similar decision point. Based on March's upgraded warranty and long standing good reputation, I am leaning toward placing an order for one. I'm just wondering if I will have any issues mounting on a Defiance Anti X LA.

I have two V6 scopes and a V4 Zeiss no issues so far, repeatable and holding zero with no issues. My Leupold VX6 is mounted on 9lb 300 RUM and no issues either, plenty of rounds through it and multiple hunts.

Recent Posts