New lightweight rig need glass

JDJHNTR

I picked up a Christensen Mesa in 6.5PRC for a light weight long range rig and lookin for repeatable glass that's lighter than NF. I run and trust NF on my others but trying to keep this one lighter weight. I put a Zeiss V6 on it but dang I'm hearing logs of horror story's about Zeiss not holding zero. Hearing the same unfortunately about Leupold. Not trying to start a stir here but looking for honest opinions with real world results. Thanks everyone.....

All manufacturers can have a product malfunction. If you look at the numbers of sales of a particular scope versus the the number of issues that have been reported on various forums etc., I think you can be comfortable with a quality optics company. Standing behind their products with great warranties is another indicator of the trust they put in their products. I've been looking at lighter weight scopes as well. A Swarovski 8 series is what I really want, but paying over $3k for a scope is a tough pill to swallow.

Didn't say NF was lightweight. You can put a
NF on a rifle & have a dependable optic.
Weight is not top priority for me, it's down the list
a ways. Always trade-offs, I just prefer to have performance items & Durability ahead of lightweight in optics. I'll cut weight elsewhere to have the proven optic I'm confident in.
YMMV.

I was planning on going with March but did not feel like spending that much so I went with the Trijicon Tenmile 3-18 at 24.4oz. It isn't the lightest by any means, but it isn't too heavy either for my needs. Plus, I was able to get it in FFP with illumination as I have been wanting to try it for hunting.

The SWFA 3-9 is praised on Rokslide and is only 19oz.

The Mark 5HD has shown to be solid and in a 3.6-18x44 is a lightweight option. Another option to consider is the Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44. The NX8 is lighter than most NF in the 2.5-20 model.

0EA808ED-03F9-4B84-9A4B-7E38F3A04FB7.jpeg

I'm not sure how readable this is, but these are the scopes I have looked up for basic specs. I basically used Optics Planet and Eurooptic recent listings. I want to keep the weight to under 25oz. Great deal on the Swarovski X5i at Euro, but it is heavy.