New invention for stuck case removal , that doesn’t work

cornshank

Don't take bolt cutters and cut old drill bit end off ,put in die and pound with hammer ,to remove stuck case .
You will probably end up with a new improved RCBS wood bit , that will still fit in press , but doesn't do anything.
Can't use bit anymore either .
BC7FAD29-F870-43DF-B497-A2916F1F963B.jpeg
D1B5C58F-5BBD-4631-A404-92945D159F00.jpeg
493E30D0-63C5-4539-A1F7-2E830F6EDEDD.jpeg

Pound out stuck case removers never work for me - I bought a tap,bolt to match tap, nice sharp twist drill, & washers from Home Depot - that with a hacksawed steel pipe of a slightly smaller diameter of the die, a dab of wheel bearing grease & a crescent wrench extracted the stuck case. Now I am looking for some very large threaded primers.

Last edited:
What Seabeeken said above is what I used to do and will do if I ever have it happen again. Now I take my new dies apart and celan them well before first use, and then I make sure I use the correct sheel holder and lube the case with a fine film, and no more stuck cases. Does ruin your day to have one pop put of the shell holder.

At least it is in the cheapest group to replace. I have stuck a total or two cases in 50 years. Both times it was when everything was closed. The SECOND time I had a stuck case remover and was back in business in short order. We really don't need to discuss the first time, but the experience was similar to the above.