New invention for stuck case removal , that doesn’t work

Only ever stuck 1. drilled and tapped flash hole for 1/4" fine thread bolt. threaded a bolt thru a 3/8 drive socket that fit the end of the die and pulled it right out. Never tried the california way.
Little late for that! good idea , I'll call it the California special.
I thought a few guys would relate to this post and some get a good laugh.
Now you can see why I didn't go into gunsmithing 😂

Last edited:
Little late for that! good idea , I'll call it the California special.
I thought a few guys would relate to this post and some get a good laugh.
Now you can see why I didn't go into gunsmithing 😂
I know it's too late to post (hind site and all that) which is why I didn't bother before. Easy enough to make your own. I made this stuck case remover kit out of items from Ace Hardware and worked like a charm. I've lent it to a buddy after he spent hours trying to get one of his out and worked perfect for him too.

This is of course AFTER I already had a stuck case and spent hours trying to hammer out the case with punches. Amazing how much hammering force they can take and not budge. It was nice to have the 2nd time and made short work out of it.
F820ECE6-7FEC-4BF5-B7CE-6CEBF1A42D43.png
7FD85AA9-64B8-4261-9F96-9D1A0585D1AC.png

I know it's too late to post (hind site and all that) which is why I didn't bother before. Easy enough to make your own. I made this stuck case remover kit out of items from Ace Hardware and worked like a charm. I've lent it to a buddy after he spent hours trying to get one of his out and worked perfect for him too.

This is of course AFTER I already had a stuck case and spent hours trying to hammer out the case with punches. Amazing how much hammering force they can take and not budge. It was nice to have the 2nd time and made short work out of it.
View attachment 356287View attachment 356288
Thanks, great idea and have all those , should have tried something like that instead of the old hammer .
I think I'll retire my method and try yours. ⚒

Darn
about 25 years ago I labeled one of the drawers in my reloading cabinet. It is listed as "Stuck Case Removable Kit"
I have never used it so this post reminded me. I'll have to go to our shop and take a picture.
Hopefully I won't need it and will probably have someone ask for something like this in the future. I'll have to re-visit this tool.

BETTER TO HAVE IT AND NOT NEED THAN TO NOT HAVE IT AND NEED!
If anyone needs help just PM or Better call us 678-427-6168

Thanks for putting this post up.
Len & Jill
Big storms hitting us again. We rescued a six week old puppy yesterday the Dam is 100% Great Pyrenees -Stud ---zzsireunknpwn, Trying to house break her with all these storms. well she is not afraid of thunder Tightening - that's good. but torrential downpours.
edit 11;2pm est

Attachments

• Stuck Case Remover and Bullet Puller.jpg
    Stuck Case Remover and Bullet Puller.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Stuck Case Remove.jpg
    Stuck Case Remove.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Darn
about 25 years ago I labeled one of the drawers in my reloading cabinet. It is listed as "Stuck Case Removable Kit"
I have never used it so this post reminded me. I'll have to go to our shop and take a picture.
Hopefully I won't need it and will probably have someone ask for something like this in the future. I'll have to re-visit this tool.

BETTER TO HAVE IT AND NOT NEED THAN TO NOT HAVE IT AND NEED!

Thanks for putting this post up.
Len & Jill
No problem ,I new I would catch some flack , and I know a bunch of guys probably have done the same thing , but don't want to post it.
So far 99% of the replies are great ,1% I won't comment on, Due to being in Lens living room.
( don't want to end up being the 52 thing in Lens backpack )

Been there and done that too. I had seen an RCBS case remover at a friends shop once. Stuck a case 1 night, Had a 1/4X28 tap in shop and proper drill, Drilled and tapped primer pocket, Picked the proper 3/8 drive socket to slide over the case, Added a washer. Clamped die in leather padded vise, Screwed a 1/4X28 bolt into the case, Put the torque to the bolt. Out came the case.