Stuck case & dents

Waynzee

Hi fellas, got a problem with my Redding dies. If I use to much lube the case dents on the shoulder, if I don't use enough the case sticks in the die. I'm using Hornady One Shot spray lube and it's a Redding 6.5 CM depriming resizing die. Any thoughts, maybe a different lube?

Hi fellas, got a problem with my Redding dies. If I use to much lube the case dents on the shoulder, if I don't use enough the case sticks in the die. I'm using Hornady One Shot spray lube and it's a Redding 6.5 CM depriming resizing die. Any thoughts, maybe a different lube?

I use the same thing. I used to use Imperial. I discovered with either if I have a hard one I stop as soon as it seem harder than normal. While the case is still in the shell holed I sorta turn it in my finger and thumb to spread the lube again and run it in again. Works fine doing this.

When you lube a case, don't put lube on the shoulder. You can put just a little on the neck, and some on the base and middle of the case, and twirl it in your fingers to get it evenly distributed. I even take a piece of paper towel or shop rag, and wipe the shoulder to make sure no lube is on it before sizing. Also, make sure the vent hole in the die is not clogged. If it is, you can get a dent in the side or shoulder of the case. Just use a straight pin or needle to make sure the hole is clear.
The dent in the shoulder, although unsightly, won't cause any problems and will come out when you fire that round in the gun.
If I am sizing a case, and it seems to be really tight, I back it out a little, and put a dab of lube on my fingers and rub it on the case. I then turn the case about 180 degrees in the shell holder and try again to resize it.

Just a thought. Are you giving the lube time to dry?

1 part liquid 100% lanilen available online to 10 parts 99% isopropyl alcohol again available online best case lube I've used. 65guys have vidio YouTube buddy of mine been using it for years I just started in the last year good stuff. Way faster never stick a case inside of necks get a little lube all the issues I used to have resizing are gone and its cheap

I use Redding Imperial Sizing Wax. Use the same dies in the same cartridge and never had a problem. Use it with 300 RUM too and never a problem

That's the ticket, never had the slightest problem with it and a tin of it lasts forever.

That's the ticket, never had the slightest problem with it and a tin of it lasts forever.

I was thinking maybe a different lube, and if it's Reddings lube it should work best with their dies.

You need to let it dry. Read the directions, not trying to be smart. What the others say about Imperial Sizing is spot on. Recently I tried some of this homemade lube with Lanolin and 99% Alcohol. It works Super. Here is a link to the receipe on another forum.
Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe - PredatorMasters Forums
You need to let the Lanolin/Alcohol mixture dry 3-5 minutes then go to work. Haven't had any problems with it at all. I spray my die before use also. Had problems with One Shot and quit using it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.