New guy from Florida

Hello everyone,New rifle owner. Have been hunting for many years but with shotgun for deer hunting because that's what my state allowed. This will be my first season using a rifle for whitetail deer. I picked up a weatherby 6.5-300. First time hunting in Florida as well. Enjoy reading all the information that is available on here.
Welcome to the fun world of rifles and welcome to the forum from TX!

Welcome from Florida Nature Coast. New to Florida as well (one year now). Not easy learning the lay of the land and finding information on hunting. People that hunt are very closed mouth, competition for hunting area must be fierce?

From what I have seen, You won't need a 6.5-300 on anything in Florida? Not many places to shoot at any distance here in central western Florida anyway. Finding a place to shoot is extremely difficult without giving your right arm or first born child. But, I am from Maine where we shoot anywhere we chose!

Hello everyone,New rifle owner. Have been hunting for many years but with shotgun for deer hunting because that's what my state allowed. This will be my first season using a rifle for whitetail deer. I picked up a weatherby 6.5-300. First time hunting in Florida as well. Enjoy reading all the information that is available on here.
Thats a smoker so behind the shoulder placement at closer ranges I would say and a great one for longer flat shooting....

Welcome from Central Florida