New guy from Florida

I too am familiar with the shotgun only seasons. Welcome from a Michigander. Good Luck.
What made you select that caliber after all those years of shotgunning for deer?
Hi I did a lot of reading and it was either going to be a 300 win or weatherby or the 6.5-300 . I just went with the 6.5-300 for something different.

Welcome from Florida Nature Coast. New to Florida as well (one year now). Not easy learning the lay of the land and finding information on hunting. People that hunt are very closed mouth, competition for hunting area must be fierce?

From what I have seen, You won't need a 6.5-300 on anything in Florida? Not many places to shoot at any distance here in central western Florida anyway. Finding a place to shoot is extremely difficult without giving your right arm or first born child. But, I am from Maine where we shoot anywhere we chose!
I am hoping to also use the gun out west for Some hunting .

MOA or bust said:
Welcome from South Mississippi.
Have you got a scope mounted on your rifle yet? Lots of choices. I love Leupold b/c of quality and US made.
Have you been able to get ammo for the 6.5-300 WB?
Why did you pick that caliber?

The was intended for the OP.
Hi I mounted a vortex lt scope on it.I was able to get quite a few boxes of ammo for it. I am planning on using the gun out west as well.

Recent Posts