New factory 308 rifle

In .308 Win? 🤔 I'd look really hard at the Savage "IMPULSE" as for hunting and fast action rifle with a reputation for great accuracy with very usable triggers, well... that would be my pick. They have a lot of very useful features in that rifle model and I'm sure more to come. Never shot one... looked one over and I really liked it. Just my 0.02 Cheers.

I have aN as new Cooper 54 in .308 with all options that I would sell. I bought a CA with a threaded barrel to run a suppressor, and use that rifle. The Cooper has a 15 round count because I started the barrel break-in process. PM if interested for more details.

Me I would probably go for a Winchester
Supergrade in Maple

wp-content.jpg

Have a Savage, 2 two Winchester but Maple flips my switch and I don't have a Supergrade. $1,200.00 ain't bad.

I see alot of people recommending tikka rifles I haven't seen a tikka up close and really haven't thought about the but I may have to check one out.i guess the main reason I haven't looked at one is due to the few people I know that had one didnt really like them mostly due to there's don't shoot that great and I know of one person on here that I know had one and didn't have a good experience with it either.but I may have to check one out. I know they can't all be bad

Don't forget the ruger American. I purchased 2 in 308 for some neighborhood kids first hunting rifles. We load 110 ttsx in them for low recoil kids hunting rounds. But of course I shot them a little first to see how they did. These groups are
5 shot/100 yard. Herters 150 grain spce bulk ammo and American white tail. Hard to spend 2-3-4-5 grand on a custom rifle when a 450$ gun will do this......
My very first New rifle was a ruger american in 308 and what started my love for the 308 win.i bought mine the first year they was out. I also had one in the go wild model in 308 as well I ended up trading it to my boss for my remington 700 sps tactical in 308 that I had sold him for personal reasons.i wouldn't mind having a predator model with rotary style mag so I could put it in a bell and carlson stock

Hello all like title says I'm looking around for a new factory rifle chamber in 308 as I sold gave one of mine to my brother for his first own rifle.so now I'm looking to replace that rifle.i need one that will be just for hunting (I have another for shooting prone or off bench) I'm looking for one with 24inch barre but 22 inch would be fine.i would like a remington 700 5r but good luck trying to find one now.anyways I'm just curious what everyone opinion would be on a real good factory rifle would be? I've looked at a couple christensen arms that I like mesa and ridgeline models and winchester model 70 long range and extreme weather but would like to here some other options.if I can't decide on a factory rifle I may go ahead and have my first custom built.thanks in advance

Im with you on the R700 Milspec SS 5R's. Great rifles. There's a few of them on Gunbroker right now and apparently they're makin them in 6.5CM's too

The R700 5R PSS (Police) is another great rifle. There's a few of them on GB right now too

Im with you on the R700 Milspec SS 5R's. Great rifles. There's a few of them on Gunbroker right now and apparently they're makin them in 6.5CM's too

The R700 5R PSS (Police) is another great rifle. There's a few of them on GB right now too

This R700 BDL VS is one that stays below the radar. My first 308. 24" Varmint Barrel. The one I had came With the H&S Precision Stock w/ aluminum bedding block (same as PSS), but it hammered with hand loads. Consistent .2-.3" groups at 100 and easily a 1/2 MOA gun out to distance if I did my part.

I see alot of people recommending tikka rifles I haven't seen a tikka up close and really haven't thought about the but I may have to check one out.i guess the main reason I haven't looked at one is due to the few people I know that had one didnt really like them mostly due to there's don't shoot that great and I know of one person on here that I know had one and didn't have a good experience with it either.but I may have to check one out. I know they can't all be bad
Tikkas are super nice. They have the smoothest factory action I've ever felt. Very nice rifles. Here's a pic of a group with a tikka I shot in 6.5 creedmoor with factory hornady ammo at 100 yards
20210109_132914.jpg

This R700 BDL VS is one that stays below the radar. My first 308. 24" Varmint Barrel. The one I had came With the H&S Precision Stock w/ aluminum bedding block (same as PSS), but it hammered with hand loads. Consistent .2-.3" groups at 100 and easily a 1/2 MOA gun out to distance if I did my part.

Yes those bdl vs models are nice as well. I've always like the bdl vls stock ones