factory loads for new rifle

tommyc279

I just bought a stevens 200 in .223 for a new lighter coyote gun. My custom 22-250 is more fun to shoot then carry. I placed a nikon buckmaster 6-18x on my new rifle, stabilized the stock and camo painted the rifle. I slightly adjusted the trigger thanks to some help, breaking right around three pounds. Now I need the help with ammo because of my limited budget i was wondering what factroy loads have proven the best because i perfer to try as few as possible. I have the 1-9 twist and i also know every rifle is different but i was wondering if one has proven pretty reliable for accuracy. thank you for helping a new shooter out and as always i ask here because this has proven a site that has always done great answering my dumb questions. once again thanks for everything!!!!

Black hills 69 gr match ammo ought to really shoot in that rifle. I shoot the same 69 gr Sierra Match King in my 223 AR-15 and they kill ground hogs dead on the spot and leave a golf ball size hole.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.