New caliber

TreehangerLR

I recently purchased a new rifle. Had plenty but what the heck. I handload for all my handguns and long guns. My newest addition is another Browning. I have always been very happy with the brand, although I have many others. I now have a Browning X-Bolt Hell's Canyon Max LR Bolt-Action Rifle in 6.8 Western. I know it is a fairly new cartridge but after reading tons of information I felt it was a good choice and I have enjoyed long range shooting and reloading for years. So now I have all the components but I only have a handfull of brass. I have been on every site I could find looking for brass. Looking to open the conversation with any and all comments or suggestions. Also anyone who has insight on this newer cartridge I am always ready to learn something new.

I think it is a good choice. Are you reloading for it?
I have all the components but the brass. I have 60 rds of factory ammo so I will use that after I spend some range time. I need to work on load data so looking for anyone with experience with this caliber. Lots of stuff on the net so I will continue reading and I have a lot of info from a contact at Hornady

I have heard good things about the 6.8 Western. I'm sure some will turn up. I would get on notification lists for some ADG. My general rule is buy brass before you buy the rifle, but this doesn't help your current situation. I just bought a couple of boxes of ADG 7SAUM and I'm not sure if I'm going to build one yet.
Welcome to the forum.

There is a website called shootingBot.com that you can sign up to be alerted for components as they become available. It will search numerous companies and alert you when available. It never works for me (always too late) but others have been successful. Great cartridge. Good luck. If it was a Hornady cartridge,

There is a website called shootingBot.com that you can sign up to be alerted for components as they become available. It will search numerous companies and alert you when available. It never works for me (always too late) but others have been successful. Great cartridge. Good luck. If it was a Hornady cartridge,
Thanks. I will check it out. I have always been a Hornady fan and watch all their podcasts and have all their manuals and specs for all my calibers and guns. Hornady all the way !

I recently purchased a new rifle. Had plenty but what the heck. I handload for all my handguns and long guns. My newest addition is another Browning. I have always been very happy with the brand, although I have many others. I now have a Browning X-Bolt Hell's Canyon Max LR Bolt-Action Rifle in 6.8 Western. I know it is a fairly new cartridge but after reading tons of information I felt it was a good choice and I have enjoyed long range shooting and reloading for years. So now I have all the components but I only have a handfull of brass. I have been on every site I could find looking for brass. Looking to open the conversation with any and all comments or suggestions. Also anyone who has insight on this newer cartridge I am always ready to learn something new.
I've got a 6.8 western ins a Winchester xpr and it's a hammer on elk and deer but the factory stock makes it heavy . I'm buying a ag composite flat top and having long rifle inc out of S.D inlet it . I could spare 50 brand spanking new Winchester if you need some. P M me if you want a bag I e got like 250 new unified and 500 factory 162 grainers

I have all the components but the brass. I have 60 rds of factory ammo so I will use that after I spend some range time. I need to work on load data so looking for anyone with experience with this caliber. Lots of stuff on the net so I will continue reading and I have a lot of info from a contact at Hornady

60 pieces of brass should go a ways. I weight sorted my Winchester brass and set aside some heavy and light pieces. There is a recent thread about a possible special run of ADG brass in 6.8 Western. Might want to get on that list with the store. https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/6-8-wester-adg-brass.352945/#post-3039873

I've had good luck with Ramshot Magnum powder and will be looking to try the new Ramshot Grand when it is available. These are with 160 grain Hammer HHT bullets.

With that cartridge when you find it I'd buy a barrels worth and then another pack or two.

Not that it's a bad cartridge, but I'm concerned the market buying it isn't going to push manufacturers hard enough to have a huge component supply

I've got a 6.8 western ins a Winchester xpr and it's a hammer on elk and deer but the factory stock makes it heavy . I'm buying a ag composite flat top and having long rifle inc out of S.D inlet it . I could spare 50 brand spanking new Winchester if you need some. P M me if you want a bag I e got like 250 new unified and 500 factory 162 grainers
I don't know how to PM on here. I would like 50 brass