New build ideas

For a long action and the range these might be fun: 284, 280AI, 7 PRC. Not sure what you are hunting but you go a different route and add a 25 cal into the mix.

I would give a nod to a 25 cal something...PRC is a good cartridge...Easy to transform 6.5 prc down to 25...

I would give a nod to a 25 cal something...PRC is a good cartridge...Easy to transform 6.5 prc down to 25...
20240101_173142.jpg

7/6.5PRC easy as necking up the brass. Low recoil and decent barrel life. Lapua/ADG/Peterson all make brass. You can send a Berger 180 at 3k.

I'd personally build a SAUM !!
6.5, 7, or 300, your choice.
Short Barrel suppressed.

Brass is Not hard to find.
They are an over achiever, well designed case, no improvements needed, easy to load for,
easy to shoot. accurate, long barrel life, versatile,
& something you can shoot ALOT.

7SAUM
IMG_6295.jpeg

I'm building a 300 SAUM close twin currently
Same exact components only slightly longer barrel & different color stock 🤠.

Last edited:
My next 2 builds will be a 338 RUM and a 6.5-7 PRC. Funny, because for the RUM, I plan on repurposing a Tac 300 action. Either of those rounds will work in your action and looks like they would fill gaps in your lineup. I know you don't have a 'need' for a 338 but it would still be cool. 😉

I'd personally build a SAUM !!
6.5, 7, or 300, your choice.
Short Barrel suppressed.

Brass is Not hard to find.
They are an over achiever, well designed case, no improvements needed, easy to load for,
easy to shoot. accurate, long barrel life, versatile,
& something you can shoot ALOT.

7SAUM
View attachment 551397

I'm building a 300 SAUM close twin currently
Same exact components only slightly longer barrel & different color stock 🤠.
+1 on the short barrel setup (if you dont already have one)
This might be somewhat hijacking but is along the same lines. I've been considering building a 7 saum or 6.5 prc in a short barrel, suppressed set-up. Meanwhile, I have a Proof Research 28 nosler I've been trying to sell. (I've got a 7PRC coming that will greatly resemble the gun in the pic above, but with a 24" barrel.
This thread made me think maybe I should just remodel the 28 Nos into the short barrel gun I'd like to build. It has a 26" CF barrel with an 8.4" twist. Defiance ruckus action.
Is this a reasonable idea?? Or is it crazy talk to try to turn a 28 into a 7 saum or something similar?

I know this gets beat to death but here it goes. I have a Stiller TAC 300, McMillian game warden, Wyatt's box, Jewell trigger in a 28 Nosler now that is currently a 28 Nosler throated for the 195s. Still shoots great but looking forward……..what to build???
Have a semi custom 300 PRC shoots factory 212 less than 3/4", 7SS that shoots bug holes with168 and 175 Bergers, Nosler semi custom 270, 6.5-284, 6 Creedmore, 22-250 and 223, all except the 223 and 270 are fast twist for heavy for caliber bullets and all shoot great.
Used for steel to 700 yds and hunting. No competitions except a little light gambling on the range!!!
Really have no need for a 33 caliber rifle.
Honestly just thinking about doing 28 Nosler again but that not really any fun. Maybe a 6 PRC, but not really into forming brass. Reload so non-factory is cool!
All ideas are appreciated!!!
Well I have always wanted a weatherby MRK V action in 7mm weatherby with a 1:9 twist. But they don't make them, they had a new model that is made when you order that supposedly had the correct twist 1:9 twist rate but I was informed it was a typo. So I can either get a 28 nosler or a 7mm PRC in the new weatherby model, or it is back on the Custom route. So I will tag in and see what you come up with. Just out of curiosity has anyone throated a 7mm PRC? If so what were the results?